Murdersled

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Finally got some parts for it, I still need an intake gasket before it comes together. I hope to get it running by summer, and I've got... thoughts... running through my head for the future.

image003.png

Ropclopclopclopclopclopclopclop... I want to start figuring dimensions.

Powerstroke. I've driven a handful of them in LTV's (light transport vehicles, like little buses, econolines) and they're very smooth, decently powerful, and seem to be pretty efficient. The only thing I've hated about them is they're loud as fack. But that was also because I was sitting beside it with only a plastic dog box for sound deadening.

Started looking into it. Biggest thing I'm worried about is the depth of the oil pan if I'm going to bag it. Its like a kiddie pool at the back end lol. The 6.0L was in trucks from 2003-2006. This includes ambulances, light transit vehicles, econoline vans, light trucks, Excursions, things like that.

My car is rated (by the 1966 system) at 340hp and 485ft*lbs. Even if that did meet todays rating system, the 6.0L PS puts down 325hp and 560ft*lbs. That's 75 torques at the cost of 15hp. Plus I update to a 5 speed trans, and diesel is more efficient, so this seems to be pretty much the best alternative, as long as I can fit the turbo, and the oil pan.

you could probably fit 2 of those under the hood .. lol

Oh I'm certain it will fit, I just want up and down clearance for when its on bags. I've never heard of anyone doing this swap before.

I've got to get my hands on one first. Shouldn't be too hard. The narrow margin for the year is a bit diffcult, but that's 4 years, I'm sure I can find one. And I know of a junkyard filled with ltv's.

It shouldn't be too hard to make sure it doesn't hang down below the lowest section of the frame.

Don't those engines cost an arm and a leg.

Ya. I'm feeling like your engine swap idea is going to suck and will probably involve farm equipment.

I don't know. I just figured you'd be like 'Oh my cousins brother has a tractor with a broken axle but the 10 liter deer straight six is still pumpin' strong so Im a strap that thing in under the hood'

Back