Murdersled

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Didn't notice this thread before... we have two of those Lincolns at Intercrew.

Really? Interesting. In all reality and late night tired honesty. I'll be amazed if I get this car back on the road. But for right now I'm using it as a learning experience and well... not really a stress reliever, but a hobby. It really sucks because I live in an apartment complex where we only have garage bays. And people get pissy about working on your own vehicle, they look down their nose a lot. I really hope I'll have it running soon, and I feel like I'm almost there, but I know reassembly will be a bit more difficult than tear down. All in all, I would be very happy if I could get this car running and driving reliably within another year. Idk where the body will be, or if I'll be able to fix it to where it's worth anything. But if it turns out to be safe (within reason) and repairable, then big win to me. If not, I'll get it running and driving. Part it out for probably close to what I paid for it, and walk away with the experience and knowledge.

Really? Interesting. In all reality and late night tired honesty. I'll be amazed if I get this car back on the road. But for right now I'm using it as a learning experience and well... not really a stress reliever, but a hobby. It really sucks because I live in an apartment complex where we only have garage bays. And people get pissy about working on your own vehicle, they look down their nose a lot.
Maybe wash it and stop scaring the children, haha. But seriously, a clean project makes you look like less of a dirt bag in the snooty people's eyes.

Being a ratty bastard in a stocking cap with an 18 inch breaker bar standing on the engine lol.

Its such a cool car. If it were running and driving as it were, I would honestly just drive it as is. My 'dream' with this car is to actually take it on a road trip. But that means running reliably, driving, riding, shifting right. Radio. Cleaned up body, and hopefully air ride. Though that all seems a bit outlandish.

Finally got the head free, just need a second pair of hands to help me lift it off the locating dowels and up out of the motor.

those cars are badass! i want one pretty bad. i love the fact that they have the rear suicide doors and they sit fit fairly low as it sits. they look really sic bagged and sitting on some black steelies.

As much as I fucking despise Chevy powered Fords....

Hit up CL and your local junkyards for a Chev 4.8 or 5.3 pull out with a 4L60E. You can get a low miles setup for cheap, and with a lil fab work you could have a super reliable setup.

I really don't see why you would do that. A whole host of great Ford engines will drop right in and are just as reliable.

Not as cheap. That's why.

I'm all about modern Ford engines, but Chev is cheaper and has a lot more interchangeable parts. Its always been that way.

Not as cheap. That's why.

I'm all about modern Ford engines, but Chev is cheaper and has a lot more interchangeable parts. Its always been that way.

Perhaps with a standard SB 350 but the 4.8 and 5.3 you reference are much newer, fuel injected and would require a host of expensive modifications to make them work in that vehicle....plus you would NEED the tranny that backs them, which is often more expensive than the motor itself. Bad plan dude.

Do some research. Complete pull outs with computers and trannys can be had for 2k and less. And you don't need any expensive mods to make em run. You don't need any mods. I dunno where you got that idea. That leaves motor/tranny mounts and exhaust.

I said 4.8 or 5.3 specifically because they are the cheapest Gen IV motors on the market. And they are very common in junkyards.

And also, you can bolt up any GM tranny with factory parts. From powerglides to 4L60E's. And with a PCM flash you run the 4L80E too.

And also, they can easily be converted to run a carb setup. But that would probably make the swap more complicated. lol I've seen numerous builds that picked up a truck 5.3 for under $500, swapped out the cam and top end, made 500+ hp for cheap.

Do some research. Complete pull outs with computers and trannys can be had for 2k and less. And you don't need any expensive mods to make em run. You don't need any mods. I dunno where you got that idea. That leaves motor/tranny mounts and exhaust.

I said 4.8 or 5.3 specifically because they are the cheapest Gen IV motors on the market. And they are very common in junkyards.

Really? 2k? With T56 transmission?

Back