Muriatic Acid Ownz Me.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pills_PMD

VIP
before:
front_of_block.JPG

after:
acid_font.JPG

it goes out on monday to get bored .25 mm over w/ new pr3 pistons onto shotpeened LS rods.

Murotic Acid is so sexy =), how much does that cost to get a block or head dipped? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :worthy: :worthy:

shot peening takes the stress points out of metel by blasting it with tiny balls that hit the stiff points in the metel and make them less pron to braking, in short it makes it stronger.
(dereks first post in months)

word. take a class on materials science and you'll learn all about that...

i did it myself.
take it to a quarter car wash... dilute the murotic acid to 50/50 with water and spray it all over the block , then scrub it with a brush.. make sure you wear a mask at least.. and maybe goggles too... just keep spraying/scrubbing...

murotic acid can be found at your local hardware store.. but make sure to be very careful.. as it can eat your skin to the bone.. the stuff is used to clean concrete floors... wear rubber gloves for sure when you do it...

blast it with soapy water... DO NOT rinse w/ regular water.... make sure you coat the cylinder walls with some sort of lubricant after you're done so they don't rust...
it was pretty easy.. i spent like 3 hours degreasing it and cleaning it w/ the acid... well worth it... looks very nice.

probly a good idea to do that at night too .... im sure if someone saw this going on they would throw a shit fit

haha well that's a given.. if any sort of law enforcement agency saw this going on i'm sure they wouldn't be pleased. :)

but as far as i'm concerned it never happened..

bling blang. What will happen with the SiR II?

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Apr 21 2003, 02:38 PM
dude its muriatic acid (HCl).

muriatic acid is not HCl

HCl is hydrochloric acid

oh, i never heard it called that before, sorry then.

yeah but i was just saying... :p

i think i-m gonna try that stuff on my valve cover and see what happens. hmmm.....

Back