Muriatic Acid Ownz Me.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

How about having it sand blasted will that work,I need to strip my valve cover it looks like the before block PICS. <_<

Originally posted by Kakarrott@Apr 21 2003, 06:36 PM
How about having it sand blasted will that work,I need to strip my valve cover it looks like the before block PICS. <_<

i wouldnt sand blast it, rather, bead blast it, aluminum turns out wayy better bead blasted.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Apr 21 2003, 12:10 PM
i thought it was sulfuric acid

Yeah I don't think they would sell sulfuric acid at the local hardware store maybe the local science supply store.

Originally posted by one zexy crx+Apr 21 2003, 06:45 PM-->
Kakarrott
@Apr 21 2003, 06:36 PM

i wouldnt sand blast it, rather, bead blast it, aluminum turns out wayy better bead blasted.

I just found out my dad has a sweet snap-on bead blaster. I'm going to be doing my valve cover and brake drums soon. :D

Slammed89Integra Posted on Apr 21 2003, 07:20 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (pills_PMD @ Apr 21 2003, 12:10 PM)

Yeah I don't think they would sell sulfuric acid at the local hardware store maybe the local science supply store.

no sulfuric acid is H2SO4, its also called battery acid, but it shouldn't be called an acid cause its actually a base.

but how cool is "sulfuric base"? it just doesn't sound as tough.

i didn't think a bead blaster could take the paint off of a valve cover cause the paint is actually baked into the metal.

go to autozone :)ph34r:) and get this shit called "aircraft cleaner" its in a blue/white bottle. it will take the paint right off the valve cover.

looks nice adam :thumbsup:

aircraft cleaner works very well ... but BE CAREFUL that shit is no joke

yeah that stuff has methyl chloride in it, so just about any substance with that type of compound will rip through everything it touches.

they have it at checker for like $10 a bottle, but i'm not sure how to use it.

should i just brush it on and rinse it with water or should i try to dip it?

how did you do it?

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Apr 21 2003, 11:58 PM
Slammed89Integra Posted on Apr 21 2003, 07:20 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (pills_PMD @ Apr 21 2003, 12:10 PM)

no sulfuric acid is H2SO4, its also called battery acid, but it shouldn't be called an acid cause its actually a base.

but how cool is "sulfuric base"? it just doesn't sound as tough.

i didn't think a bead blaster could take the paint off of a valve cover cause the paint is actually baked into the metal.

what are you talking about? sulfuric acid IS an acid. it has a pH of about 2. just for reference, and acid is clasified by anything with a pH below 7

Originally posted by 98integrals@Apr 22 2003, 01:47 PM
go to autozone :)ph34r:) and get this shit called "aircraft cleaner" its in a blue/white bottle. it will take the paint right off the valve cover.

looks nice adam :thumbsup:

My valve cover is painted with high heat paint. I got a little ambitious one day at work. LOL. I'm just going to take it off and polish it. It will definitely come off with a bead blaster.

For the other types of covers yea though, im not sure bead blasting would take it off

Back