Music Preferences

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
I have a diverse sense of music, because it is around me all day. I wake up and go to the gym with my ipod, plug it in my car on my way to work, dock it on my desk and listen all day at work, and when I get home, charges on the dock, sometimes being played. So i listen to all types of music. Just a few of the artists ...

Running - Dave Matthews, Fuel, Ben Harper and O.A.R. (check them out if you dont know)

Lifting - Tool, Trust Company, Underoath, System of a Down and Static-X

Driving - The Roots, Jay Z, DMX, Nas, Kanye, and 50

Work - NOFX, Millencolin, Counting Crows, Foo Fighters and Incubus

So I have a broad sense of music, but I am just looking for some different artists. Post up some of your artists, inspirations, genres, or even a particular song.

FYI... no flaming please :)

Most of the time I'm listening to music I spend it listening to 90s+ rock, alternative, metal/nu-metal.

Some of the older rock like Lynyrd, stones, earlier GNR I get into.

If I have no choice (at a clients location for example, or as a kid growing up stuck in the car with my dad) I enjoy country as well, but I won't listen to it on my own.

One of my own personal favorites - GNRs Sweet Child O' Mine, the opening lick is just fantastic.

I'm eclectic, pretty much everything thats been mentioned except the hardcore, I'll listen to and enjoy.

I'll listen to mostly anything. Provided it's not country, show tunes or folk music. Oh yeah - and emo. I have pretty much a huge mix of things on my HD, about 30 gigs worth of music. Everything from drum corp recordings to Swizz Beatz and about everything in between. At work I usually listen more heavier stuff in the morning to wake up (Hatebreed, As I Lay Dying, KSE, Soilwork, Dragonforce, etc) and then other stuff afterwards. I can often be seen at my workbench or my machine jamming out to T.I. or R. Kelly though.

Metal/Hardcore, 90's punk, hip hop (the good shit, not the ghetta fab bullshit.. Seany knows what i'm talking about),

metal. i enjoy anything from thrash (Anthrax for example) to the heavy stuff like Pantera, Lamb of God...etc. sometimes i also like the late 80s to early 90s hair metal as well.

sometimes i listen to rap. i can only listen to early 90s rap music because i cant stand the new stuff. i get tired of listening to people rap about riding on twenny 4's with the butterfly doors, bling bling and what ever ghey crap they rap about.

metal. i enjoy anything from thrash (Anthrax for example) to the heavy stuff like Pantera, Lamb of God...etc. sometimes i also like the late 80s to early 90s hair metal as well.

sometimes i listen to rap. i can only listen to early 90s rap music because i cant stand the new stuff. i get tired of listening to people rap about riding on twenny 4's with the butterfly doors, bling bling and what ever ghey crap they rap about.

Yeah don't forget to tell them about the emo bullshit you also have on all your mixed CDs in the truck.

Edit: you also forgot to show your age with the early 80s hair metal you listen to. :D

Back