Musical Distributors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dixey21

Hells Hatchback
I wonder if anyone knows what distributors will work with which motors. I have an LS B18B1 and I need a distributor, you'd think it'd be easy enough, however, it's been nothing but dead ends to find a decent aftermarket distributor for the LS engine. Can I use one from a GSR or some other make? I would really like to know cause I get the block and head back from machining in about two weeks and I'd like to be able to get it all back together when I do instead of having to say "Yeah just got'er back and she looks great but I got no spark so it's gotta sit until then" when she comes in.

The motor didn't come with one. I would if it did but it didn't so I can't and I can't find one anywhere!

well, what car are you putting it in with what ecu, specifically what OBD are you running?
if its OBD1 i would get a 94-95 integra LS distributor

autozone, advance, napa, distributorking.com (i think thats the name), or a local junkyard...

I've searched the local bone yards, I've talked to the good people at Napa, Advanced, and just about every other local car shop. Bone yards are dead ends, nothing ever in stock, Napa and others can get me parts like the cap or rotor, but no whole distributors. I've tried to see if I can order one, but I'm not paying like $450 for a new or recondidtioned one. Now I've seen some decent aftermarket replacements but none for the LS. That's why I'm wondering if I can get a GSR aftermarket dis. and make it work or aren't they compatable. And please don't take offense to this, but if you don't know what will work with what, like a GSR dis. will work with 96-01 LS's, GS's, with an OBD1 setup and blah blah blah, then help me to find where I can find that info instead of playing captain obvious with comments like "What about junkyards?" Trust me when I say I've already covered the basics, now I'm looking for alternatives. Thank you.

HONDA Application List

TD01U Civic 88-91 (1.5L)
TD02U & TD18U Civic 88-91 Si (1.6L) & CRX 88-91 Si (1.6L)
TD22U Civic 88-91 JDM B16A (Japanese Spec.)
TD41U Civic 92-95 (1.5L)
TD42U Civic 92-95 Si (1.6L)
TD43U Civic ZC Engine (2nd Gen. ZC)
TD80U Civic 96-98 (1.6L Non-VTEC)
TD63U & TD73U Civic 99-00 Si DOHC VTEC (1.6L)
TD31U & TD34U Accord 90-91
TD52U Accord 92-93
TD58U Accord 94-95 (2.2L)
TD76U Accord 96-97 (2.2L)
TD89U Accord & Prelude Type S DOHC VTEC H22A
TD77U Prelude 97-02 VTEC
TD59U Prelude 92-96 non-VTEC (2.2L)
TD60U Prelude 92-96 JDM VTEC (2.2L Internal Coil)
TD61U Prelude 92-96 VTEC (2.2L) & 92-96 non-VTEC (2.3L External Coil)
TD97U CRV 99 & up (2.0L)

ACURA Application List

TD03U Integra 88-89 (1st Gen. ZC) (1.6L)
TD23U & TD24U Integra 90-91 (1.8L)
TD44U & TD68U Integra GSR / 92-95 JDM B16A
TD55U Integra 92-93 (1.8L)
TD81U & TD84U Integra GSR 96-02 & JDM B18C
TD86U & TD87U Type R 96-02 & Civic SiR 99-02
TD85U Integra 96-98 (1.8L & CRV 96-98 (2.0L)

I found this in a post from Pissedoffsol, so I'm reposting it just in case anyone wants to know. Thank you Pissedoffsol.

Distributor King: Andale Store
distribuotrking.com as i posted above
255.00 BRAND FUCKING NEW

http://www.napaonline.com/masterpages/NOLMaster.aspx?PageId=470&LineCode=NRD&PartNumber=4817406&Description=Distributor+(Electronic+w%2f+Module)+-+Remfd
napa
229 with a $66 core - reman

AutoZone.com | Shopping | Zip Code Request
auto zone 199.99 with a 90 core

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductList.aspx?parttype=218&ptset=A&searchfor=Distributor
advance
Distributor: New; With Module

playing captain obvious with comments like "What about junkyards?" Trust me when I say I've already covered the basics, now I'm looking for alternatives. Thank you.
yea, you covered ALL the bases
here's a cookie

I'm not trying to get into an fight. If I'm going to pay like more than $200 on one, I want it to be bad ass, not stock. I can get a used GSR or pretty much any other one for damn near free, just not an LS. According to Pissedoffsol I can use one from a CR-V which I can get. For whatever reason, LS motors became really popular around where I'm at and I just can't seem to get one, hell the motor I bought came with everything (motor, tranny, ECU, harness, shift linkage, axles, even rear trail arms so I could get rear disc and the proportioning valve for the right brake fluid pressure!!) except the freaking distributor!! I've been running into walls everywhere I turn. If I have to settle for a stock one, so be it, but I'm not spending an arm and a leg on the damn thing for no performance enhancements. I appologize if you got offended, I didn't mean to ("...please don't take offense...") but c'mon, I'm no slouch. I got the info I needed, I even reposted it and gave credit to the guy who I got it from, thank you for your help and I hope you'll continue to be helpful to people in the future, but it just wasn't the help I needed.

CRV is gonna be OBD2, i may be wrong but i'm pretty sure OBD1 and obd2 dizzy plugs are diffrent, so it might not be plug and play for your application, but i don't know what car and OBD you are running

stock honda ignition system is good for 400hp, but i do understand what you mean about $200+ with no performance gains...

It's going into a 95 Civic Hatch VX. I have the harness from the motor I have (97 Integra LS). The P75 ECU I have is OBD2 so I don't think that's a problem. I don't mind spending money on parts or anything, christ maching alone so far is up to like $1200, (and it seems the guy likes to call me every few days with a few hundred more needed for this or that, but they say he's the best around so whatcha gonna do) but I would much rather spend the money on something that can give me a benefit rather than just getting by. I'm not looking to get crazy horses in this thing either, my target is between 270-300. If I can get like 220-240 on the motor, great, that means I don't need some crazy turbo to get to my mark (I know I could probably get it all off the motor, but man, I love turbos!). Once the motor is good to go, the suspension is next on the list and I want a nasty setup!! I figure, going fast in a straight line is nice, but high speed cornering is so much more fun! Then it's onto the body, I want a look of near stock, no flashy front air dams, or insane wings or anything. I want a clean look. Electronics and such, they're nice but not as important. My goal is to go rallying with it, maybe not dirt rallies but defintely asphalt rallying. Who knows though? A civic once won at Pikes Peak, the thing was so nasty, I want that guys ride, so I'm trying my best to reproduce it from what I do know about it. Anyway, those are my plans, we'll see how they play out. Thanks man.
Dixey

a stock distributor will support 1000 horsepower. the coil and ignitors inside won't, but the general unit will. The Dsitributor king dist. is a good unit. i ran one.

if you help someone or they think you said something funny they can give you rep points

Back