Musicians that Annoy YOU!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

most rap is annoying... country isnt too great... cant really stand r&b.

this thread sucks.

The Darkness? jesus christ dude. Quite possibly the worst band ever. our local radio station plays the song cuz they ahve to, and they say, wow, that sucked.

I'm waiting for something good like AFI, Story of the year or Thrice to come on KROQ.

3 more useless fucking bands who suck.

Eric johnson, while an awesome player, can't write a fucking song for shit.

Jeffie's elevator dues with the same drum beat in them all annoys me. lol

another one i cant stand is Mariah Carey. i get a god damn headache every time she hits that high note/screaming thing she does. i feel like my head is going to explode.

Dave Matthews is by far one of the worst.

The new-age pussy rap that was mentioned is horrible.

Country absolutely blows.

Avril Lavigne is quite annoying.

Coldplay needs to die.

Phish/Grateful Dead/Medseki Martin & Wood (used quite interchangeably) are all as exciting as watching paint peel.

I could go on forever.

You guys seriously need to watch The Merchants Of Cool, which shows how the music industry markets its wares to teenagers and how it hypes artists. You can watch the entire documentary online at that link.

The Way The Music Died is an in-depth look at all that is wrong with the music industry. You can watch that one online on it's release date tomorrow, the 29th.

Ok........

The Darkness? the days of Poison and Twisted Sister are long over.....retire your tights and remove the vice from you balls that enables you to sing that high. And the fact that they actually think they look good is totally beyond me.

Ya Ya Ya (whatever), strokes, whitestripes and other circa 1970 rip off artists........... Sloan already did that.....and way better than you not to mention. Your Idea is old. You need to be put to sleep.

Eminem, Snoop, Dre, Juvenile, Nelly, Puffy, 50 cent, ect.......
A) We dont care how much money you have.
B) The whole "I grew up in the hood, faced impossible odds, triumphed over my oppressors, and now I'm going to rub it in your face and smack talk everyone who said I couldn't do it" theme HAS BEEN DONE!!!! You are LAME, try rapping about something that has meaning.
C) Those girls in your video's would NOT be there if it wasn't for your money.

Beasty Boys,
are a little past their prime but are still rockin out. I never really liked their voices, but Ad Rock is still throwin SICK beats. That new track "check it out" would be killer if the vocals were kept to a minimum. Also if you've seen Ad Rock live, he is one of the best scratchers and beat-jugglers I have ever seen. Same with DJ Jazzy Jeff.

Nickleback, Puddle of mudd, Theory of a deadman, Default, Stained,
ARE THE SAME BAND!!!!!. Same singer. Same song layout. And all ripoff artists from the two bands that made that kind of voice popular: Pearl Jam, and Alice in chains. Please die.

Dave Matthews,
to tell you the truth, I really dont mind him all that much, but enough is enough!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant recall a day that I have turned on the radio and havent heard him. Skrew off. MAke new music and tell your record label not to buy up so much playtime for christ sake.

New age mainstream punk is the most annoying.
Blink 182, Not by choice, SIMPLE PLAN (Formerly RESET), SUM 41, plus a TON of others. Jesus christ.......I dont even know where to start. their songs are just pieces of every other punk song thrown together. If you want good punk rock, stick to the early Fat Wreck chords bands like strung out, propagandhi, no use for a name, lagwagon. If you want newer good punk, look to Golfinger, or at a lesser extent a new found glory (they are still poppy as fuck, but they have talent). If you want the BEST punk, look to CHOKE, MONEEN, BOMBS OVER PROVIDENCE, and others of that nature.......the song structures and time signatures will give you a sezure.

K, done enough bashing for one day. I sure I will be bashed heavy for this but ok. as much as it seems like Im close minded about music, Im not at all. I could give you a list 100 pages long of bands I love and why. But then again, music is to express your thoughts or how you feel, and everyone is entitled to their own window. These are just bands that annoy me. :spin:

Pretty much anything on the radio for more than a week. But sometimes things hit the radio that are quite good - And reliably they are shut off after a week.

Without radio / MTV I wouldn't have discovered Primitive Radio Gods, Beck, Bjork, Dido, Crash Test Dummies, and some of my other favorite. Shit, I even remember when VH1 first came to TV they played a Tangerine Dream Video. Talk about opening up a new crowd of musicians.

But these media outlets will prefer to drop good musicians, in favor of keeping up with the things that people (Most Radio music demographics are below the age of 20) want to hear in an effort of selling advertising dollars.

Buy Satellite radio. It's the best.

As far as what musicians namely piss me off - Has GOT to be those RIAA TROLLS that whine about MP3 listeners taking their money. Madonna, Courtney Love, Macy Gray, Justin Timberlake, Spears / Aguilera / whoever she is this week, etc. Fuck them. They live like kings. Pretty much anyone appearing on MTV Cribs should be shot into the sun.

Yeah, they lose money. But they cry whenever they don't make $1,000,000 in one afternoon. They can't afford their butlers and million dollar cars and palatial homes with the 20+ plasma screens. Cry me a fucking river.

Take P. Diddy for example. He has taken his riches (And of course spends spends spends just like the others) But he has also invested in and released his line of restaurants, clothes, and a designer label that also makes him money. He does charity work. A very low percentage of his wealth is actually from his music, and regardless of how I detest his style, he has made some intelligent moves with his money.

And the worst of all Stars / celebrities. Political superheros. God I hate these people. Musicians speaking out in any political circle. Country stars that perform anti-muslim songs are just as bad as Skinhead anti-semitic punk bands. If I hear another 9/11 sob song I'm going to light a torch and march on Nashville. This applies not only to musicians, but comedians, actors, and other artists that simply manipulate their fan base to go along with a political message of theirs. Starting from Jane Fonda and now to Al Franken and his asshole cronies. Lemme give you an example:

While you all recognise that it IS possible, Would you believe that myself as a raging non-pot smoker actually LIKES Dave Matthews? It's a shame, but I know that any money I give to him and his label (IE - Buy his albums) goes into causes that I myself don't support. So, I download his music. I refuse to give him money because he'll use it to support something.

And even as you saw with my Phish posts, I won't buy Phish albums anymore because they donate money to causes that I don't believe in!

Musicians that are just spoiled shits. That is what annoys me. The rest is a matter of opinion.

-> Steve

Originally posted by K2e2vin@May 28 2004, 12:25 PM
uh eminem/d12 is doing something that hasnt really been done; making fun of themselves.

think back to the days of Digital Underground. It's not a new idea. But i guess these days, it's a little original.

-usher (i just can't stand him, i don't know why, honestly)
-jc chasez (the guy from nsync, not justin, that other dude)
-madonna (how much attention do you really need?)
-kelly clarkson (ANYTHING american idol, especially clayfuckingaiken)
-good charlotte (ugh... all i can say is ugh...)
-andrew w.k (what the fuck is the point?)
-dashboard confessional (he whines like no other)
-avril lavinge (i would like to drown her)

i hate all of yoouuu :D

Originally posted by adnoh@May 28 2004, 10:00 AM
Beasty Boys,
are a little past their prime but are still rockin out. I never really liked their voices, but Ad Rock is still throwin SICK beats. That new track "check it out" would be killer if the vocals were kept to a minimum. Also if you've seen Ad Rock live, he is one of the best scratchers and beat-jugglers I have ever seen. Same with DJ Jazzy Jeff.

I think you meant Mixmaster Mike, not Ad Rock. :) But yeah, he can scratch with the best of em. I can't wait to see them on their next tour.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@May 27 2004, 11:16 PM
After reading the suicide letter because PHISH is calling it quits, I was just wondering what musicians/bands annoy the hell out of you? I know for me, mainly it is all this new "Pussy" rap that is coming out or "Old" rappers trying to make a come back.

By Pussy Rap I mean, Cassidy and J-Kwon, they fucking suck. Nelly and Murphy Lee are some other POP rappers I hate. Kanye West, Twista, also suck ass I hate those guys with passion too. Then you get these old guys trying to come back strong especially Juvenille, WTF is that about, you are old CASH MONEY is old, Crunk is in. Master P had a good song with "them jeans" next thing you know he tries to be hard and doesn't portray it, he tries too hard. Also what is up with naming his songs after popular ones that just came out? "Dem Jeans" Ginuwine "Act a fool" Ludacris.

I used to have a tolerance for country, but now it is all pop. I had respect when they tried to keep their roots, but when crappy rockers lose steam they sing country WTF? Kid Rock and Uncle Kracker, fuck them.

I HATE USHER!!!!!!!!!!! "Yeah" was a bad ass song, but after a week of non-stop air time, give me a break. Then he had to go and talk shit about other POP stars is just gay. "Let me act hard for Britney and Christina." R. Kelly is another torture machine.

Rock wise, Seether sucks plain and simple, so does PHISH whatever music it is. I like Rock for the most part right now, nothing bad is coming out, but I don't listen to it too much. I don't know any UNKNOWN bands really more of a rap/hip-hop guy. So who makes you want to kill yourself when you hear the CRAP oops, I mean music.

Here's the problem... you're listening to mainstream music. Get off the beaten path a bit.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@May 28 2004, 01:04 PM
I think you meant Mixmaster Mike, not Ad Rock. :) But yeah, he can scratch with the best of em. I can't wait to see them on their next tour.

ya, Mix master mike was sick back when he was with Beasty Boys, but have you ever seen Ad Rock on the decks?? You wouldn't believe it, I almost didn't. But ya, Mix master/Ad rock/ jazzy Jeff/ and Craze (who spins Jungle now by the way) are my fav's.

Ok the Darkness is dope as hell, they are a joke and that is the point of them. If you take them seriously you will not like them. Andrew W.K. is dope too, when ever I hear his music I just want to get drunk run around and thrash stuff.
Ok back to the stuff that sucks Nickleback, and Creed, enough said.

Since everyone seems to think that I am closed minded to music, I listen to all types of music, shit I will actually listen to Justin Timberlake. Now that boy can dance, better than Usher IMO. I hated Ja Rule the second he switched to singing with Ashanti, I loved "Holla Holla" but then he fucked up massively. To show people what I do like let me post my favorite musicians.

Rap

Hypnotize Camp Posse which includes - Three 6 Mafia, Project Pat, Frasier Boy, Gangsta Boo (Formally of HCP, I still like her new CD) La Chat, etc. Love me some Hypnotize Minds.

TECH 9 is by far the best rapper EVAR, he has flow like no other other, and his beats are sick. If you are in anyway a rap fan listen to some of his stuff, you won't be dissappointed. Tech 9

Some others are Ludacris, Lil Flip, Haystack (WHITE BOY WAY BETTER THAN EM) all Crunck music AKA Lil Jon, Ying Yang twins, Insane Clown Posse.

Rock

I don't get into "Underground" Rock too much, but I love Linkin Park, Trapt, THREE DAYS GRACE is an awesome band and CD, Rob Zombie, Slipknot.

Mid to early 90's country is good the new shit sucks. I listen to all kinds of music, but the new people that are coming out seem to outway the good.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@May 28 2004, 02:59 PM

TECH 9 is by far the best rapper EVAR, he has flow like no other other, and his beats are sick. If you are in anyway a rap fan listen to some of his stuff, you won't be dissappointed. Tech 9

he's alright. But he lacks the knoledge and wisdom. Flow isn't everything.
My vote for best rapper IMO is,

KRS-ONE

How does Tech lack the knowledge and wisdom? He has been screwed over by record label after label, and lashed back with "The Industry is Punks" Yet after all the trials and tribulations, he is actually getting some play time on the radio, FINALLY!! I used to hate it when "MY" group/artist made it big and everybody thinks they are awesome, but the second I put in an older song they sucked. But seeing TECH finally make it has been a long time waiting. I mean Tech has rapped with Tupac and Eminem, he has the skill to flow with the best. KRS-ONE is old, great in his day, new talent needs to come through.

On a side note a great example of people liking new stuff only would be Korn. AWESOME BAND always has been, but if I was to put in ADDIDAS or Life is Peachy most people would hate it. Shit, now that they went back to their older style in "Take a Look in the Mirro" everybody hates them. Korn is the modern day Led Zeplin IMO.

Originally posted by Frankie P.@May 28 2004, 03:21 PM
How does Tech lack the knowledge and wisdom?

KRS is a scholar and a prophet.....Tech is not. Tech is awesome in his own right, but KRS is the Godfather of hip-hop. Pretty much, every rapper that is famous right now, looked up to KRS at one point or another. KRS is intelligent hip-hop.

Originally posted by adnoh+May 28 2004, 11:33 AM-->
dohcvtec_accord
@May 28 2004, 01:04 PM

ya, Mix master mike was sick back when he was with Beasty Boys, but have you ever seen Ad Rock on the decks?? You wouldn't believe it, I almost didn't. But ya, Mix master/Ad rock/ jazzy Jeff/ and Craze (who spins Jungle now by the way) are my fav's.

Seriously? I've been to a couple of Beastie shows, and Ad Rock never got on the decks. I would've loved to have seen that, maybe he won't disappoint me the next time I go see him. :)

And good call on KRS. His stuff is very intelligent, and usually conveys a positive or constructive message, all while laying down some killer beats.

Back