Musing over the idea of a new car . . . . . (and selling the S14)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i highly doubt any 83- whenever NA porsche 944 is gonna run a high 13

that 944 definitely is not stock. i dont run anywhere near a 13.9 and my neighbor has never beaten me. Its not an ASS WHOPPING by any means, but he can just never out accelerate me. the 944 turbo is kinda like a GSR that way.

The 1989 (special year) had 247 hp and 243@3,500 rpm FTLBs

944 Turbo is a pretty rare car, almost all 944s you see are N/A.

the 944 Turbo will out handle most anything, engine up front, tranny in the back, drive train between the engine and tranny, all done for weight balance.

anywho, 944T can knock out some kick ass 1/4 mile times. I've seen a few specs list showing them running high 13s.

but, they're a piece of shit.

They cost a lot, break a lot, and IMO are rather ugly.
chance of finding a good one for cheep? hahaha.

80s M3 > 944.

The 1989 (special year) had 247 hp and 243@3,500 rpm FTLBs

944 Turbo is a pretty rare car, almost all 944s you see are N/A.

the 944 Turbo will out handle most anything, engine up front, tranny in the back, drive train between the engine and tranny, all done for weight balance.

anywho, 944T can knock out some kick ass 1/4 mile times. I've seen a few specs list showing them running high 13s.

but, they're a piece of shit.

They cost a lot, break a lot, and IMO are rather ugly.
chance of finding a good one for cheep? hahaha.

80s M3 > 944.

So you are saying that the S14 is rather well made compared to a 944 turbo?

My brother had a 944 for about 6 months. Well $8k later he sold it. The thing was 8 when he bought it, from the original owner. Cherry red like that one, and was mint. A European car authority shop cleared it and said it was mint, so we bought it. well it broke 100k and fell to pieces, in months.

Man the more i hear about these the more i recall my reasons for buying the S14 over a DSM . . . .

Thanks to everybody who contributed to this thread.

Ill keep the S14 - it hasnt needed any major repairs over the last year and its been good to me. It has driven me from Florida to MA, from MA to NYC (multiple times), from NYC to Virginia beach and back, from NYC to Philly, NYC to Hartford, etc. etc.

I have won quite a few races with this thing, not to mention running my first 13 second 1/4 mile time.

I drove it the other day and it reminded me why i bought it.

I think ill pass on the 944 idea :).

Back