Mustang gets the 5.0 again in 2011?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

302 cubic inches or 4.9-liters or 4,951cc
How exactly do you make a 4.9 a 5.0? Oh, just change the badge on the side. OK.

I'll stay with my imports, thanks. The only domestics I would consider buying are Dodges. And that's really limited to the Challenger, the Charger, a big ass truck, and maybe a wrenched over Durango.

4.949 rounds down to 4.9L ... 4.951 rounds up to 5.0. Did you forget about that 4th grade mathematics edumacation?

Unless you want to just say "hey the new mustang may be getting a 4.951 liter!!!"

Sorry, my accounting classes took over. You never round up. Conservationism. Never claim to have more then you know you have, even if just by a little.

so honda should not be claiming the GSR or Type R was a 1.8
they shouldnt claim the Si was a 1.6
the prelude didnt have a 2.2 unless you count the one they claimed was a 2.3
the RSX and new Si dont have 2.0s
the CRV never had a 2.0 or 2.4
and the S2000 should have been called the S1997 and the S2157

news flash car companies round off all the damn time.... imports are no different

motorcycles must REALLY piss you off

Not true. Im sure its actually a 599.35762 There's no way they got it 100% right. It would be stupid to try for and even more stupid to expect.

You right, Ford did miss the little things on the 03/04's, but I still give em more credit than GM. I've witnesses one Cobra make nearly 400 with pullies, catless x-pipe, CAI, and tune. And another made nearly 500 with the same parts and a Steigemester (SP?) ported Eaton. The highest I've seen from 4th gen f-bodies like mine with full bolt ons is still a lil short of the first Cobra I mentioned.

I'll give ford more credit than GM when they can make a naturally aspirated V6 that makes 300+ HP and still gets 30MPG. That little V6 made a few less ponies than Fords Mustang GT (this year and last)and no doubt killed it in fuel economy. And of course you're going to make more power bolting on to a boosted motor than a NA one. Unless you consider nitrous oxide a bolt on. You've said it yourself before how much power an LSX can make on the juice.

I'm not denying the LSx. But the first arguement outa any GM enthusiast is "Ford had to use a blower." Why discredit them for using small cubes and boost to make the same power? The internals in the Ford motor are better than any LSx, minus the LS9, from the factory also. Yes the LSx's respond far better to nitrous, they have a better head design. Which is funny since its 2 valve versus 4.

As far as V6's go, they're not even on my radar. I give half a shit how much power the new GM V6's make, because I know what the aftermarket support will be like.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not puttin one above the other (Ford vs. GM), I say I give Ford more credit than GM yet I drive a GM. Id trade it for a 03/04 Mach 1 or Cobra, but Id trade that for another GM. Lol, I like em both, and hate em both.

I'm not denying the LSx. But the first arguement outa any GM enthusiast is "Ford had to use a blower." Why discredit them for using small cubes and boost to make the same power? The internals in the Ford motor are better than any LSx, minus the LS9, from the factory also. Yes the LSx's respond far better to nitrous, they have a better head design. Which is funny since its 2 valve versus 4.

As far as V6's go, they're not even on my radar. I give half a shit how much power the new GM V6's make, because I know what the aftermarket support will be like.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not puttin one above the other (Ford vs. GM), I say I give Ford more credit than GM yet I drive a GM. Id trade it for a 03/04 Mach 1 or Cobra, but Id trade that for another GM. Lol, I like em both, and hate em both.

Well yeah they used an iron block and dumped forged internals into it for the 03-04 Cobra... unlike the engine in the GTs and Mach Is of the same years...

It was the same design, just a different material.

I wasn't fucking with Ford for just slapping a blower on it, I was fucking with Ford for doing it so cheaply and making the engine as inefficient as possible in the process.

Points well taken. But, there's actually already aftermarket support for this V6. And for two reasons; 1 Its in the new Camaro and is pretty much demanded to exist. 2. It already makes 300+HP. I didn't look into it but my dad told me there's already supercharger kits for them making 500+.

I can't stand the 2010 mustangs taillights, for some reason they look like total chit to me.

The new F150 Raptor is one of the best looking trucks out there.

2010Raptor.jpg

I'm not a truck person but if I were to buy a truck that would be the truck. too bad the base MSRP is 38K

if it didnt have ford embossed on the front grill and that was just a solid grey bar i'd be all up on that truck.

I wasn't fucking with Ford for just slapping a blower on it, I was fucking with Ford for doing it so cheaply and making the engine as inefficient as possible in the process.

Ya, they're whole top end is a joke on the mod motors. What I think is funny is they spent more to make an over priced motor by developing the 4 valve head.

Points well taken. But, there's actually already aftermarket support for this V6. And for two reasons; 1 Its in the new Camaro and is pretty much demanded to exist. 2. It already makes 300+HP. I didn't look into it but my dad told me there's already supercharger kits for them making 500+.

Ya, I know they make good power. From the factory they make 10 less horse at the wheels then my car with a few hundred bucks in go fast stuff. Its a good thing my car is light, otherwise Id have V6's handin my ass to me lol. I'm just sayin, GM has had more than one nice V6 in the past, but the aftermarket support never came around.

I can't stand the 2010 mustangs taillights, for some reason they look like total chit to me.

The new F150 Raptor is one of the best looking trucks out there.

2010Raptor.jpg

I'm not a truck person but if I were to buy a truck that would be the truck. too bad the base MSRP is 38K

I was looking at F150s the other night. I love the look, except for this grille. I hate it for some reason.

They name their bikes according to the engine displacement without rounding to the nearest 100 cc's

It's a shame they never run long enough to matter. :p

Back