MW2's upcoming map pack to cost $15

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i need to figure out a way to get paid to play modern warfare.

seriously though, activision/blizzard is hiring full time game testers.

Being a game tester would suck in more ways then it would be good. You play and replay the same section of one level for days on end. Jumping the whole time, crouching, crawling, shooting, not shooting etc etc. However that is how a lot of guys kind of get their start.

Ill be getting it without a doubt. Mainly its so I can play with you yahoos and not have to leave parties and such. As for the price point, it isn't that big of a deal to me. 15 bucks for 5 more maps two of which are some of the best from MW1.
I disagree, I'm not throwing a fit over it like lots of people, but it is bullshit. Charging 50% more for 1 fewer map than what we got before is definitely a rip-off. Yes, it's 5 maps total, but the people that started with MW2 are insanely outnumbered by the people who played COD4 since the beginning. Granted, I do like those two maps, but they're far from new and not worth the price hike.

Well part of the reason for re working the two "old" maps seems to be more for expanding the hopper for existing game types. That is the impression I got from listening to FourZeroTwo on Major Nelsons podcast. Also there is some talk that the new maps will help facilitate different game types. But who knows, IW has some very big strings attached to it. And when the machine tells you to jump the response is how high.

Being a game tester would suck in more ways then it would be good. You play and replay the same section of one level for days on end. Jumping the whole time, crouching, crawling, shooting, not shooting etc etc. However that is how a lot of guys kind of get their start.

if you have any type of programming at all, it's a way to get in the door to a good company. same with EA or Microsoft. go in entry level and build a good rep. it's easy street in video game world from there on out.

if you have any type of programming at all, it's a way to get in the door to a good company. same with EA or Microsoft. go in entry level and build a good rep. it's easy street in video game world from there on out.

Oh yeah, there is no doubt about that. That is pretty much what everyone that has been interviewed at Bungie has said. They have their own podcast and they always ask the folks they interview what they recommend one should do to get in the door and it breaks down to being the shop bitch and proving your worth to go along with the technical skill.

damn and i thought the map pack bundle for WAW for 20 was pricy. but I did play MW2 longer online than any other COD so I will be buying the map pack also

well i bought a 1600 points card last week from bestbuy onsale and ready for the 30th

also its funny the new map pack for battlefield bad company 2 also comes out on the 30th

Back