My 1986 LS/vtec Accord Hatch (Axle Problem)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Legend_master

Well I sucessfully swapped the motor in and I drive it regularly, but the passenger side axle is way to long and causes the car to shake at cetain RPMs. I am running a 90-93 Integra axles and I was wondering if there are any axles that are shorter and will fit into the cable b-series tranny. I contiplated not posting in this forum, because you guys don't do the b swap. I dident want to get flamed for posting an accord question in any other section, so any help would be appreciated.

1991 B18a bottom end
Stock pistons bored .20 over
ARP head and rod bolts
Fully balanced/shot-peened and all parts were coated
New GSR/R Fuel pump and water pump
Lightened flywheel
GSR head Milled just a little
Cosmetic thin head gasket
STR Cam gears
AEBS intake manifold with stock GSR TB
Ebay Megan racing header modified with a 2.5 Collector
Full exhaust all the way back to a gt v6 Eclipse Muffler.
Suspension
Modified 1990 Civic Tokico Illuminas
2.5" Suspension Technique front drop springs
2.5" dropzone rear springs with kyb's
Drilled and slotted EBC rotors all around (Accord SE-i Rear disc swap), EBC green stuff pads in the front, hawk pads in the back.
Prothane polyurethane bushings all around.
374bba2c.jpg

DSCF0041edit.jpg

Fog1.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

Slimfan3.jpg

IntakeB-series2.jpg

IntakeB-series.jpg

Movingcamgear.jpg

this is probably close to the right forum. i think general tech is where it belongs. dont repost, itll get moved if it needs to be.

im not sure if the B18B1 axles are shorter, but thats all i can think of.

Quoted post[/post]]
this is probably close to the right forum. i think general tech is where it belongs. dont repost, itll get moved if it needs to be.

im not sure if the B18B1 axles are shorter, but thats all i can think of.

I think the passenger side is similar in length, but there is something different between the cable and hydrolic axles (bot sure though). Thanks for the help and I hope this gets moved to the right forum :)

and nope, i lose. the right axle is the same, the left is different.

holy huge intake brace batman!!!!!! I would put a timing cover on that bitch, otherwise than that lookin good :thumbsup:

Quoted post[/post]]
holy huge intake brace batman!!!!!! I would put a timing cover on that bitch, otherwise than that lookin good :thumbsup:

yeah it's a little big, but it's the only place I could put it without drilling. As for the cover I just need to quit being lazy ass and just put the cover on it. Thanks for the props and heres a little picture of the tranny mount.

578bc03d.jpg

Quoted post[/post]]
lets see all the mounts pics please

This is the drivers side
6d3a4c69.jpg

This is the rear tranny mount kinda hard to see, but you get the jist. In this picture the mount need to be fliped the other way, I was just test fitting to see how it all works. I used the factory 90-93 integra rear mounting bracket. The brake lines on the firewall had to be moved up.
a5f849d6.jpg

man what were you thinking when you decided to do this swap?

i like it but it is different and i love those old accord hbs

that is nice how about the shift linkage? and i bet the wireing was sucky

Quoted post[/post]]
man what were you thinking when you decided to do this swap?

i like it but it is different and i love those old accord hbs

that is nice how about the shift linkage? and i bet the wireing was sucky

Well I was first introducd to the car when I was 16 and it was my friend first car. I always wanted to due one up, but I never had the resorces. When I turned 21 I decided to reaserch the though again, I found the mounts (witch are very rare), then I found the car for $800.00, then I started building the motor and now I have my dream car. I just like to do stuff that is a little different then everybody else, but I love hondas. As for the shift linkage its just the stock accord linkage with about an inch cut off and the integra end attached to it. As for the wireing I had rywire use the stock accord harness and convert it to an obd-1 vtec harness. When I first got it in there (test harness) the was a problem with the wires going to the dizzy, but I fixed that and it started right up. Rywire made my engine harness and worked with jkob (before rywire and jkob merged toether) who made the sub harness since the accord has a different obd-0 the all the other obd-o cars.

I would probably have the axle custom made, or modified.

Nice swap :thumbsup: Describe the wiring a little.

This is the right forum for an Accord related swap issue. :shrug2: I won't move it.

Quoted post[/post]]
I would probably have the axle custom made, or modified.

Nice swap :thumbsup: Describe the wiring a little.

This is the right forum for an Accord related swap issue. :shrug2: I won't move it.

Thanks I will check into the custom ones, but I would like to use a factory one so that I dont have to have them made everytime I need a new or uprgaded axle. I just asked about it being the wrong forum, because the accord guys dont use the b-series axles and I am not sure if the b-series guys check the accord forum. I guess it is the enigma of a hybrid.

i think you're going to have to go custom. i can't think of one option to give you. nice swap :)

Back