My 1990 CRX Si Turbo. Pics and videos inside.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hi guys, wow time flys, i was last here on this site back in sept 07 asking for advice on building a turbo honda. well i ended up getting a 90 CRX Si , it was a little rough but she is all better now. The motor is a D16ZC block and a D16Z6 head, the head is stock just all freshened up, I used scat rods and SRP pistons, ARP fasteners threw out, cometic head gasket and the rest is OEM honda. my turbo set up is all hand made, using a big 16 g turbo and greddy blow off valve and a medium sized bar and plate intercooler. the current tranny is a 90 si one that i replaced a broken fork in and it works perfect, however i have a 89 si tranny out getting rebuilt and a quaffe put in along with a slightly taller 5th gear. here are a few pics of the progress of the car since i was last here. and i will also post some videos from the track. thanks for looking in and if you have any questions just ask.
DSCF2372.jpg

DSCF2396.jpg

DSCN1688.jpg

DSCN1692.jpg

DSCF0270.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

It took a while but i located enough Si seats and other parts to make the interior mint.

DSCF0011.jpg

and now for some videos, my best ET so far this year was not captured on video. it was a 12.3 at 116 , i have a new turbo from slow boy racing on the way and next week i go get retuned, i hope to be in the high 11s then.
YouTube - Turbo D 16 verses GSR Integra
YouTube - Single cam turbo CRX verses Honda S2000
YouTube - Turbo D 16 verses B20 Swap
there are more then these up there you can see all my videos by clicking here
YouTube - PROJustinSane's Channel
thanks for stopping by :)

that car is AWESOME. You have a good eye to see the result, and a good hand to make it.

Clean car man. It's freaking super quick. Digging the turbo sohc.

:drool: fanfuckingtastic :worthy:

repreprep!

ps cel, what year was the other white rex in the 3rd vid? it looks 1st gen..

:drool: fanfuckingtastic :worthy:

repreprep!

ps cel, what year was the other white rex in the 3rd vid? it looks 1st gen..
it was a 89 HF with b20 swap and si interior swap, thanks for looking in :)
Nice car. :)

Youre from PA?? where at?
hi i am about 15 minutes give or take depending on traffic from beaver springs, the track you see in the videos is Beaver Springs Dragway - IHRA Summit Drag Racing you should come some time, i am actually trying to arrange a small meet for honda guys on either the 7th or 21st of june. thanks for the rep guys :)

+1 for building a clean CRX, on top of that it looks like you built a nice turbo kit which I can't say most do. So many people attempt budget builds and skimp out on so much, yours came out beautiful. + rep 4 u

nice car. looks like it just rolled off the factory floor.
thank you very much
+1 for building a clean CRX, on top of that it looks like you built a nice turbo kit which I can't say most do. So many people attempt budget builds and skimp out on so much, yours came out beautiful. + rep 4 u
much to my wallet and wifes dismay not much skimping was done, more so on the really important stuff, some stuff is skimped on like my catch can is home made pvc pipe from lowes, but the important stuff i made sure to do it right the first time. thanks for looking in :)

Youre about 2 & 1/2 hrs from me :( Maybe if we meet halfway?? Maplegrove is in between us. Ive never been there before but I hear its legit.

Youre about 2 & 1/2 hrs from me :( Maybe if we meet halfway?? Maplegrove is in between us. Ive never been there before but I hear its legit.
i have been to maple grove its pretty nice, but beaver is my home track and i am in the points there so i cant miss any races if i want a chance at a winning or doing well in the points chase :) besides 2 hours isnt bad we have guys that drive twice that every weekend to come race. ;) let me know if you would want to come to a honda meet on june 7th or the 21st, the 2 dates are being voted on right now on d series.org i can let yah know which date wins if any one here wants to come to.

2hrs aint bad, Im not afraid of driving far. I just dont like driving 2+hrs then racing that car. Ya know what I mean??

2hrs aint bad, Im not afraid of driving far. I just dont like driving 2+hrs then racing that car. Ya know what I mean??
yeah i hear that, well what we are doing to help is we chose dates that are on Saturdays, and both are around noon or later events, that way we can get there and relax with plenty of time to cool the cars off, then we planned on having a bon fire and cooking food and drinking beer in the evening after the races and those that want to can camp over at the track into Sunday and drive home refreshed or race Sunday whichever they want. but thats getting off topic :) either way thanks for looking in PM me if your interested , the same goes for any one else in or near PA who may want to hang out.

Last edited:
Back