My 1995 Civic Coupe Project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Trent Scarfe

Hey everyone, im new to this site so bare with me here. I am 16 in a month, so I sold my dirtbike to buy my brothers 1995 civic coupe, its a nice car just had 2700 put into it for paint and new courters, hood ect. Car has aftermarket taillights and headlights, racing seats, cold air intake and nice deck & subs. I am looking to put around 3 grand into the car. My father is a mechanic so he can do the swap for me. My buddy has a crx with a redtop b16 motor tranny and statge 2 clutch short throw shifter. Its also lowered, I can buy this car for 1300 bucks. I was thinking about buying it and putting the motor tranny clutch and lowering parts on my car then put my stock parts back in the crx and selling it for whatever. I also would like to get nice 15 inch rtx crome rims of some short, and ill also need to get a full exaust. Will this all be do able or am I crazy? No mater what if I put a motor in my car it Must have dohc vtec! Let me know what you guys think I am open to any suggestions, thanks!

If you do buy the CR-X, I would just swap the motor over and not the suspension. Those parts are made for the CR-X. You'll want to buy shocks and springs which are made specifically for your chassis. Otherwise, sounds like a decent plan. If it were me I'd probably go back to stock on the lights, but that's a personal choice...

EDIT: Also, this forum is actually for 2001+ Civic questions (that's what the EP/FA/FG means; those are chassis codes). I'll move this to the appropriate place for you...

if you can afford it and the motor is good, then pick up the cr-x. you might actually make a couple bucks off of it.

stay away from chrome rims though. they are ugly, heavy, and just don't look good overall. they are for ballin' on dubs....lol

i did the same thing as you. i sold a dirtbike before i turned 16, then got my first car. it was great.

Yeah alright thanks for the help. Another quick question though how much should i lower my car? The roads around where I live arnt really the best and I will probably put 15's on the car. Also what would be a good rear spoiler for this car? I like the ones on the 99-00 SiR's. Thanks.

if you can afford it tein is nice, i have tein shocks and adjustable coilovers on my car and i love them, and IMO no spoiler is the best spoiler...

Yeah alright thanks for the help. Another quick question though how much should i lower my car? The roads around where I live arnt really the best and I will probably put 15's on the car. Also what would be a good rear spoiler for this car? I like the ones on the 99-00 SiR's. Thanks.

depends on the tires. you can lower it about an inch and a half. thats what i did on my 95 coupe. it looked good, but not too low.

the roads around here are pretty bad, and i ride around with almost no tire gap on 195-50-15's, my eg is lowered about 2-3", and i dont scrape that much, its nothing i cant stand

Will I be able to use the struts from the crx? If not what are the cheapest struts to get it lowerd and shocks springs est.

use the oem shocks from teh honda with a decent drop spring and camber kit. you can get it all for under $200.

200 each or for all 4? and will the motor mounts work for the swap or do i need different ones? thanks.

Diffrent ones. If you look up hasport they sell mounts for you car. It would be eg b series mounts. Think there fairly cheap and bolt right in. Also check on the linkage as idk if the crxs trany linkage is the same

So I bought the crx today for 1300, the body is in pretty rough shape but the motor works crazy, so im gonna swap the motor tranny and clutch. Should I just sell my stock civic motor and the crx shell separate?

No, put the engine in the Rex and sell it for $1300. You just got yourself a free engine.

you normaly can get lucky and find them in a google search or on Ebay alot of times.. other than that not sure

The rex is murked and my coupe just had 2600 put into paint im not doing that. and crx are poop because they have no back seats. How much do a nice set of rtx rims and tires run for? Also what would be a good type of excaust and headers for my car? Wll the DG headers off the crx work? Thanks.

should i buy new or used rims? and will back disk breaks work on my car? need help!!

Back