My 1st gear go up to (55 mph), why so long?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nightrider45

I have an auto jdm b16 but i dont think it has a b16 tranny because when i tested out the gearing in 1st gear it went to 45mph @7k rpms and at 8200 rpms it went up to 55mph.
Why does it have such a long 1st gear?
how many mph does your 1st gear go up to?

97 jdm itr with s80 lsd tranny, manual... my buddy had a 91 crx that had long gears too.. he could do over a buck in 3rd, slow as shit tho... it was a manual too

you gotta nice setup there.
yea my car is slow as shit, my friends LS beat me by like 3-4 cars from a dig and i wooped him by 3-4 cars from a 50mph. My 2nd gear goes up to 85mph. It's kinda wierd that it does that. But it keeps pulling even after 120 mph

It shifts fine no lag, I'm talking about my Auto Tranny
but i do have an engine light on and it's Code 19 which is automatic lockup control valve and i have no idea what the hell that is

Honda Civic DTC 19 check this site out... it talks about the automatic lockup control valve... might be useful and help you troubleshoot... from what this site says is that it was equipped on 1.5 liter crx engines...

more sites saying check for defective circuit or unplugged or a defective solenoid

I looked at the site that you gave me but it seems that it's for an OBD0 ecu. The connections that it's telling me to do is not the same as my obd1 ecu. If i can find out whats the pinouts for those solenoids i can just run the wire straight to the ecu. but i need those pinouts. I got the diagram for the obd1 pinouts but it doesnt mention anything about the automatic lock up control solenoid valve. The colors of the solinod wire are: 1st solenoid green and 2nd solenoid yellow

yeah i can check some of my literature and a few other places... oh yeah, just took the car out and was at about 40 mph @8900 rpm...

Back