My 2008 life wrap up--whats yours?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

January '08 - After a romp with the ex-ex-ex-ex for a day, a winter break of being with a girl from the restaurant I worked at part time, and courting the girl I decided I wanted back in November when I broke up with my prior girlfriend, I finally got the girl. Stole her from a guy I hadn't known for very long, after he allegedly treated her like dirt.

January-May: Dated the same girl. Lived a steady college life. Worked out like a maniac and focused on school. Spent day and night with the girlfriend. Rarely drank, mostly went out with the girlfriend but spent some time with school friends.

May 17th: Graduated college with a bachelors degree in Interdisciplinary Business

May 20th: Started a career. Memorial Day spared me one extra day of break after graduating on Friday.

May-August: Continued to date same girl. Pushed girl away until she finally went away. ...then I wanted her back. First girl to break up with me. Second time I loved. Promoted to a new position, effectively guaranteeing me another $15k and putting me in the front seat of being personally responsible for maintaining $10,000,000 and acquiring new accounts.

September 26th: Turned 23. Spent the birthday with my friends from home and some girl that I was seeing from work.

August-December: Worked, worked, worked. Sold the WRX for cash. Put the cash down on a '06 Audi A4, 6 speed manual, sport package, cold weather package, all the options. Lived for the weekends. Spent way too much money at the bar and thrash my body way too much because the work week takes its toll, I don't have my own place to go back to and I don't have a girl to share that place with.

December-Current: Decided it was time to cut back a bit at work. Started taking some more time to enjoy myself. Ramped up again in full meathead mode, back on diet to go along with my consistent workouts. Cut back on the drinking and the bars. Paid off half of my student loans. Threw 25% of my paycheck towards my 401k. Officially inducted as a "partner" (shareholder) as a management employee from my August promotion.

January 1st: One final hoorah in NYC for NYE. I kick the booze for awhile after this, tighten up my diet to where it was when I was at my peak, and try to make a killing at work. Goal of attending grad school in September.

damn, thats some fast advancement at work.
but whats disciplinary business?

wow sounds like people have the same problems wth girls and jobs lol...

Its a mystery...

Sometimes I feel like I'm on the top of the world, smiling down at how far ahead of the curve I am and should be for this upcoming year. I'm not destined to middle class hell, I can further my education and live more than comfortably.

Other times I swing to the other side of the pendulum. Think about how I didn't need my degree or intelligence for my position and how its still a blue collar job even if it pays more than most of my peers its no where near as prestigious. Think of how I haven't been without a girl since I was 17. How difficult and lonely it is after college and how I need to get out of my parent's house and into my own place but how this will slow down my payment of school and putting a sizable down payment on a house.

Then the next second I smile.

Life is funny.

damn, thats some fast advancement at work.
but whats disciplinary business?

Interdisciplinary Business, essentially Business Administration a.k.a. General Business/Business Management.

...non-specialized business field which focuses in all the specializations of finance, accounting, marketing, and management.

my moms an accountant. lol
its about all she knows how to do other than be a mom.

and im like that too.. kinda bipolar about my life, not really emotions.

my moms an accountant. lol
its about all she knows how to do other than be a mom.

and im like that too.. kinda bipolar about my life, not really emotions.

Do yourself a favor.

Be well read (keep abreast on the current events of the world in general and whatever field you choose to make your life in.), be well spoken, and share your opinion when its beneficial to your company or your customers.

Even though my job is just a blue collar job...just sales, I was the youngest person to hold my position in the country in a Fortune 50 company.

thanks for the advice.
im probably just going to be a diesel tech, i dont really want a very stressful job.
im supposed to be starting school soon, but i dont know if i can now cuz the federal government just ceased all structured settlement agreements because they think its a bad investment for banks to make because of the way AIG fucked up.
im in the middle of selling part of my annuity, and without the money ill probably have to start school hella later and live at my sisters house for a wihle.
now the lawyers have to find independent investors or international banks to fund the transactions.
i could be fucked, but im staying positive.

thanks for the advice.
im probably just going to be a diesel tech, i dont really want a very stressful job.
im supposed to be starting school soon, but i dont know if i can now cuz the federal government just ceased all structured settlement agreements because they think its a bad investment for banks to make because of the way AIG fucked up.
im in the middle of selling part of my annuity, and without the money ill probably have to start school hella later and live at my sisters house for a wihle.
now the lawyers have to find independent investors or international banks to fund the transactions.
i could be fucked, but im staying positive.
why would you sell an annuity? if you sell it, you will take a major hit. there should be other ways to cash out without selling it. i would take the cdsc before i sell it.

yeah i am.. i dont know how else to do it though.
im kinda glad that my court date got continued, cuz now ill have a chance to talk to the insurance company when i get back down to california.

9 miles from my house, next time let me know, I'll put you and your friends up. would show you around but there's not much to see.

Your close to Poconos, I remember going there when I was little and riding these carts down the mountain, that was fun as hell.

January '08 - After a romp with the ex-ex-ex-ex for a day, a winter break of being with a girl from the restaurant I worked at part time, and courting the girl I decided I wanted back in November when I broke up with my prior girlfriend, I finally got the girl. Stole her from a guy I hadn't known for very long, after he allegedly treated her like dirt.

January-May: Dated the same girl. Lived a steady college life. Worked out like a maniac and focused on school. Spent day and night with the girlfriend. Rarely drank, mostly went out with the girlfriend but spent some time with school friends.

May 17th: Graduated college with a bachelors degree in Interdisciplinary Business

May 20th: Started a career. Memorial Day spared me one extra day of break after graduating on Friday.

May-August: Continued to date same girl. Pushed girl away until she finally went away. ...then I wanted her back. First girl to break up with me. Second time I loved. Promoted to a new position, effectively guaranteeing me another $15k and putting me in the front seat of being personally responsible for maintaining $10,000,000 and acquiring new accounts.

September 26th: Turned 23. Spent the birthday with my friends from home and some girl that I was seeing from work.

August-December: Worked, worked, worked. Sold the WRX for cash. Put the cash down on a '06 Audi A4, 6 speed manual, sport package, cold weather package, all the options. Lived for the weekends. Spent way too much money at the bar and thrash my body way too much because the work week takes its toll, I don't have my own place to go back to and I don't have a girl to share that place with.

December-Current: Decided it was time to cut back a bit at work. Started taking some more time to enjoy myself. Ramped up again in full meathead mode, back on diet to go along with my consistent workouts. Cut back on the drinking and the bars. Paid off half of my student loans. Threw 25% of my paycheck towards my 401k. Officially inducted as a "partner" (shareholder) as a management employee from my August promotion.

January 1st: One final hoorah in NYC for NYE. I kick the booze for awhile after this, tighten up my diet to where it was when I was at my peak, and try to make a killing at work. Goal of attending grad school in September.
+

nice on the Audi! :p

Janurary - May:
-Was my hardest semester of school yet. Took 19 engineering credit hours and worked allot.
-Went skiing every chance I got. Weekend at Whiteface, NY, trips to Holiday Valley, and spring break in Colorado.

May-August:
-Spent the summer working last co-op designing A/C compressors. Not much else

August-December
-Moved
-Last semester of college
-Got into mountain biking. Went every other day or so while it was still nice out
-Autox'd and drag raced the civic a few times. Had a blast
-Started volunteering at a low income middle school teaching jr. engineering. I decided I would always like to do something like this in my spare time.
-September/October was job hunt season. My dream was to work for Honda, and was lucky enough to score two different offers. I end up taking a design engineering job at Honda R&D.
-November - Bought the Maxipad, aka my 96' maxima 5 speed
-Dec. 20th. graduated from University of Dayton with Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering
-Move into apartment in Marysville
-Patiently wait till the 12th of jan. to start work:p

Last edited:
Back