my 2nd gear

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cxjon

well three months ago i got my oil changed and mankato honda said i needed new shift bushings. i bought some but never put em on.
this past friday i got my civic back from the auto body shop from hitting a deer. when i was driving around i heard a horable rattle sound so i poped my hood and noticed my heat sheild was rusted off the manifold so i took it off and the rattle went down. i brought my car to a friends shop and he looked at it. he noticed on my exhaust that i had midas put on didnt not have the felx thing after the down pipe. he thought maybe from the torqe the exhaust was rattling on something. so yesterday i taked to midas and they said they would fix it for free.
i went home and put my header on then drove it to midas and they put it on right thing on. while i was drving away in second gear when i let off the gas it pops out of gear and still rattles when driving in gear out of gear it doesn;t rattle. my question is could this be due to the fact i need new bushings for my shifter?

i got the exact same problem when i got my header put on. i heard someone say i a post that it was the cat rattling against a heatshield under the car. i guess the cat's position changes slightly when u add a header. i just ignore it since it only does it in 2nd gear.

You might as well change the shifter bushings, they are like 15 for energy shifter bushings and are a great replacement compared to the stock ones.

i got neuspeed ones for like ten bucks..... if i have enough time i will put em on friday morning

Back