1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my 2nd gear

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by cxjon, Jun 26, 2003.

1. cxjon

cxjon Senior Member

well three months ago i got my oil changed and mankato honda said i needed new shift bushings. i bought some but never put em on.
    this past friday i got my civic back from the auto body shop from hitting a deer. when i was driving around i heard a horable rattle sound so i poped my hood and noticed my heat sheild was rusted off the manifold so i took it off and the rattle went down. i brought my car to a friends shop and he looked at it. he noticed on my exhaust that i had midas put on didnt not have the felx thing after the down pipe. he thought maybe from the torqe the exhaust was rattling on something. so yesterday i taked to midas and they said they would fix it for free.
    i went home and put my header on then drove it to midas and they put it on right thing on. while i was drving away in second gear when i let off the gas it pops out of gear and still rattles when driving in gear out of gear it doesn;t rattle. my question is could this be due to the fact i need new bushings for my shifter?

2. cxjon

cxjon Senior Member

any ideas.... help me.

3. cxjon

cxjon Senior Member

4. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

i got the exact same problem when i got my header put on. i heard someone say i a post that it was the cat rattling against a heatshield under the car. i guess the cat's position changes slightly when u add a header. i just ignore it since it only does it in 2nd gear.

5. cxjon

cxjon Senior Member

i forgot to mention i dont have a cat..... and my shifter is really sloppy

6. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

You might as well change the shifter bushings, they are like 15 for energy shifter bushings and are a great replacement compared to the stock ones.

7. cxjon

cxjon Senior Member

i got neuspeed ones for like ten bucks..... if i have enough time i will put em on friday morning

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted