My 360 cd drive doesnt work

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So what would I do with the email if any issues occur? I'm just trying to play this as safe as possible now, since I kinda took a risk buying the 360 in the first place..

POST #17

Just to be clear, my 360 does not have existing warranty. The warranty VOID sticker has been cracked, so there's no chance of getting it covered under that.

I'm not covered, man. The people I bought the console from say in the item description, that it was/is used or refurbished. Since the warranty sticker was cracked open already, I suspect it was the latter of said conditions.

well worth it out with the dude then. just follow his instructions.

dude get a DS and play revenant wings. its like FF tactics and FF12 in one.

Yup, again with the fans it still might not make a difference, that's why a few million 360s have died and a good bit of them still had the fans.

I for one would rather run my 360 with no fans, why? because if it dies I get a new updated one with HDMI.

If the fans truly are helping, would you rather mask the problem till your warranty runs out, or have it break on you and get the updated ver that has been fixed and gain the HDMI?

I've been hoping my current 360 would die =( I want HDMI!

p.s you guys do know the 360 has a 3 year warranty from MS right?

mine has hdmi.
and id rather it not break at all.. i dont want to have to wait a fucking month to get another one..
and i am well aware that there is a 3 year warranty, but it only covers the red ring.
everything else only has a 1 year warranty.
so you better hope you dont get an error message if yours fucks up..

werd.. mine got a "system error" last nite

not sure what that means, but seeing as microsoft made it... i would think tats their way of saying, 'my bad'

mine has hdmi.
and id rather it not break at all.. i dont want to have to wait a fucking month to get another one..
and i am well aware that there is a 3 year warranty, but it only covers the red ring.
everything else only has a 1 year warranty.
so you better hope you dont get an error message if yours fucks up..

You're more then welcome to do anything you want with your 360, if you have HDMI then you should have hopefully the ver that came out right after the elite when they started putting HDMI in the white systems, if so, I think you should be good to go.

Besides, if your 360 dies and has to be sent in, just go to walmart and rent one. That's what I did... 4 times....

P.S I wasn't going to say this to the OP since it's after the fact but I for one would NEVER EVER EVER buy a used 360 unless it was still within warranty. all 4 of my first 360s died within 6 months. even my ex girlfriend had her 360 die the 2nd night lol. its funny just how sad the quality of them is. or at least was, the new updated ones and the fixed within the last year ones seem to be running strong.

As to my problem, 3 of them would just lock up, you couldn't do anything other then pull the power plug, it wouldn't give an error or a RROD, it would just freeze, the last one that died would spin up the disc and sound like it was just grinding gears or something. it was weird. I guess one of the gears inside came out of place?

Last edited:
You're more then welcome to do anything you want with your 360, if you have HDMI then you should have hopefully the ver that came out right after the elite when they started putting HDMI in the white systems, if so, I think you should be good to go.

Besides, if your 360 dies and has to be sent in, just go to walmart and rent one. That's what I did... 4 times....

P.S I wasn't going to say this to the OP since it's after the fact but I for one would NEVER EVER EVER buy a used 360 unless it was still within warranty. all 4 of my first 360s died within 6 months. even my ex girlfriend had her 360 die the 2nd night lol. its funny just how sad the quality of them is. or at least was, the new updated ones and the fixed within the last year ones seem to be running strong.

As to my problem, 3 of them would just lock up, you couldn't do anything other then pull the power plug, it wouldn't give an error or a RROD, it would just freeze, the last one that died would spin up the disc and sound like it was just grinding gears or something. it was weird. I guess one of the gears inside came out of place?

well i dont want to have to pay to rent one from walmart.. its a waste of money.
id rather my box just not fail.

well i dont want to have to pay to rent one from walmart.. its a waste of money.
id rather my box just not fail.

I know of only one way to not have it fail.

Buy a PS3 =)

btw renting from walmart is free, you have 90 days to return it lol.

You can rent from Walmart? Guess not Walmart Canada, i work there and ive never heard of it.

Fuck renting the 360. I'm about to just go buy one brand new. Even if it's the arcade, at least I'll have an existing warranty to work with, and a spare one (when the used one gets exchanged and returned) to mod in the future.

Does anyone know where you can buy the core system still?

I know of only one way to not have it fail.

Buy a PS3 =)

btw renting from walmart is free, you have 90 days to return it lol.

you still need the money to buy it..

and you can buy a core system from just about any electronics store.
i got mine at circuit city for 199.
i went to oregon to buy it, so no tax.:D
i already had the harddrive and everything.. otherwise i wouldve just bought an elite.

you need money to buy.. duh.

slap it on a credit card, if you're pressed for the cash, return it and the total will be back on the card =)

If you can't come up with 199.99 temp charge for a core system then you really shouldn't be putting money into games. Even more so when they're now 60 bucks a pop =(

Back