My 360 cd drive doesnt work

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slap it on a credit card, if you're pressed for the cash, return it and the total will be back on the card =)

If you can't come up with 199.99 temp charge for a core system then you really shouldn't be putting money into games. Even more so when they're now 60 bucks a pop =(

i dont have a credit card..
i usually buy games used, and if i spent 2 bills on another system, thats like 5 to 7 games i couldve bought.
basically, i dont want it to fail. lol

ok this is what u do call 1-800-4my-xbox and ask them if they can anything for you and they will send u a box and u keep ur hard drive and everything else only the console goes in the box. tell them what happend and im almost positive they will help u.

I ran a fan on my 360 all of the time, elevated my power strip made sure it was clean etc. and I still had it Red Ring..... Twice. It really is luck of the draw. Shitty part is that the 360 they sent me back only had the three month warranty on it :( I plan on buying an arcade with an extended warranty on it from Best Buy. Hope you get your box back soon man!

I bought my Xbox very early on (ver. 1.1) no special care, no special treatment. Gets thrown around in a duffel bag (or even by its self) where ever I go. My roommates will forget and leave it on for hours. I've set it on the top and the side, on carpet in tight places, and in wide open hard surfaces on top of my tv. It gets knocked over and banged up, and I've never put any kind of fan on it. Still on my first one. IMO, Its all luck of the draw.

I bought my Xbox very early on (ver. 1.1) no special care, no special treatment. Gets thrown around in a duffel bag (or even by its self) where ever I go. My roommates will forget and leave it on for hours. I've set it on the top and the side, on carpet in tight places, and in wide open hard surfaces on top of my tv. It gets knocked over and banged up, and I've never put any kind of fan on it. Still on my first one. IMO, Its all luck of the draw.

Yet people still believe spending extra money on fans is what keeps theirs alive.... =)

If I was on my 2nd xbox I might believe it but again, on my 5th so I know just how chitty their product is.

ok this is what u do call 1-800-4my-xbox and ask them if they can anything for you and they will send u a box and u keep ur hard drive and everything else only the console goes in the box. tell them what happend and im almost positive they will help u.
I'm googling that right now, found their web site and pulled an interesting blog off their home page:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
360 beats out the PS3 in Japan.Evergimp's Thoughts By evergimp on11/9/2007 1:25 PM
This might be impressive for some, and congrats to the xbox for doing it, but I have to think that is says more about the PS3 than it does about the 360 in Japan.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/834/834094p1.html?RSSwhen2007-11-09_083400&RSSid=834094

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hell, I'm going to wal mart later, and might just pick up a new 360.

Last edited:
Yet people still believe spending extra money on fans is what keeps theirs alive.... =)

If I was on my 2nd xbox I might believe it but again, on my 5th so I know just how chitty their product is.

i didnt spend any money on the fan.
i made it myself using spare computer parts and a 9v dc plug.

Welp, just got home from Sam's Club a few hours ago, got me a Elite, said fuck it i guess. lol. Too bad I wont be able to use my saves on the new one, but having warranty feels so much better. :D

Welp, just got home from Sam's Club a few hours ago, got me a Elite, said fuck it i guess. lol. Too bad I wont be able to use my saves on the new one, but having warranty feels so much better. :D

yeah you can..
just put the harddrive on it.
or if you wanna transfer the saves to the bigger harddrive, you can take the face plate off and plug one of the harddrives in the front where the memory card goes and just copy or move everything to the other one.

I'm googling that right now, found their web site and pulled an interesting blog off their home page:
360 beats out the PS3 in Japan.Evergimp's Thoughts By evergimp on11/9/2007 1:25 PM
This might be impressive for some, and congrats to the xbox for doing it, but I have to think that is says more about the PS3 than it does about the 360 in Japan.

IGN: Xbox 360 Tops PS3 in Japan

Hell, I'm going to wal mart later, and might just pick up a new 360.

Of course they forgot to point out that the xbox 360 had been out at that point for 2 years while the PS3 was turning 1 year old...

So PS3 sold the same units in 1 year the 360 sold in 2...

All a play on #s

Lets reword it. The PS3 sold twice as fast then the xbox 360 in Japan.

yeah you can..
just put the harddrive on it.
or if you wanna transfer the saves to the bigger harddrive, you can take the face plate off and plug one of the harddrives in the front where the memory card goes and just copy or move everything to the other one.

oh, damn. i didnt think it was even possible to transfer the saves...

Of course they forgot to point out that the xbox 360 had been out at that point for 2 years while the PS3 was turning 1 year old...

So PS3 sold the same units in 1 year the 360 sold in 2...

All a play on #s

Lets reword it. The PS3 sold twice as fast then the xbox 360 in Japan.

yep... ps3 came in late and stole the spotlight.

oh, damn. i didnt think it was even possible to transfer the saves...

yeah, somewhere in the system settings, youll see it say memory.
just go there and look around, i havent really played with the new dashboard too much so im not too sure where anything is..

last few months the 360 did pull out a few games in Japan making their sales shoot up, the whole FF thing is GIANT in Japan so MS clearly got that right.

oh and greeen i tried the harddrive thing and whaddya know, it didnt fit properly.. have you perhaps done it before?

I severely doubt it would work doing that way anyway. Microsoft has those transfer kits and such. To be honest they should have made system link transfer. There is no easy way to do it.

oh yeah system link transfer would be awesome if it were do-able...

maybe i can find some kind of hack for it... but if i would have to open up my elite, that would just not be worth it.

Back