My 79 1200

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ive also got a new in box blacktop dizzy soo it would be nice to be able to use it

Well I did it
Screenshot_2016-06-21-21-48-24-1.png

lol well looks like I signed on for a chunk more of machine work going with those rods .... lol ive got to have the block machined at the bottom of the cylinders and the cradle machined to accommodate the larger rods and have to machine out the very top inside of the piston to fit the rods into the pistons , more work than I was planning for but it will be worth it in the end if I want to go efi later and or power adder, any input is appreciated

So apparently I'm a dumbass and the Pistons will not work with the Skunk2 rods and requires block and girdle notching I think I'm going to send them back and need to do a stroker with b18a1 rods or stock D16 rods

fair enough.
Also going fuel injection will require changing tanks and or modifying for high pressure pump and lines front-to-rear and tons of wiring my car is already setup for MSD and carburetors literally no one has this swap documented in the states , except for the distributor wiring all I have to do is hook up the fuel line up and turn the key, engine is getting all the good stuff now in case I wanna go efi later and or forced induction the motors ready

Last edited:
Ok my pistons and rods came in but no wrist pin clips ? Lol they seem to work with the pistons though I might go ahead and notch the block and cradle and use them
received_10154292809236100.jpeg
20160624_195711.jpg

Ok soo I am returning the rods ... Blehhh the rods are floating and meant for pistons with circlips and my pistons are press on style, just bought a a6 bottom end to steal the oil pan and rods out of

Sexxxyyyy heres the car from the Philippines , im painting my block black and valve cover green and polishing the letters to match the 1200 motor today bored in rainy georgia
Screenshot_2016-06-26-14-38-35.png

Back