My 91 Civic Dx Project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

9/28 Update

Sorry for the late update but i've been looking for a new job and that has been taking up alot of my free time.

So here is the picture of the CV boot aftermath and I took a pic of the new CV boot but I lost that...

photo.jpg

So i cleaned that up and then I continued to work!!

I bought a 93 del sol VTEC radiator and the thing would not clear the hood!!

489c0d4f.jpg

FYI: I really just want to go with a T3/T4 turbo and make sure that it doesn't rub against my radiator! I also plan on taking out the A/C, This car is basicly a week-end ONLY car and I can deal with out A/C....I did it in Iraq inside a Hummer I can do it in a Honda!!!

Sooo.... In the mean time i'm using my old radiator which is in really good shape and doesn't have any leaks!!
0e45de0f.jpg

1f750ece.jpg

I know it looks lop sided but i'm using the stock radiator mount on the driver side and the traction bar rad mount on the passenger side!

FYI: my thought was to buy two 14" fans and use then as pushers and keep my old rad and just mount the fans between the condenser and the radiator!

And this past week I painted all my vinyl shit.....

BEFORE
3e09cc6a.jpg

AFTER
17b4a2e0.jpg

be2b7278.jpg

Heres a look from underneath.... I hope i put the traction bar on correctly!!
I just want to make sure I have enough space between the engine block and the radiator for a turbo!!

ANDREW!!
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:(i'm getting frustrated with the radiator thing)

I really would like your opinion and advice!

So in the mean time i'll be prepping the body kit this weekend and leaving the radiator shit for later!

Laterz!!

AND I'M NOT SAYING THAT ANYONE ELSE'S OPINIONS ARE NOT AS IMPORTANT BUT I JUST BEEN READING UP ON ANDREWS THREAD AND I RESPECT ANDREW AS AN ENTHUSIAST, HE'S BEEN GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING AS ME....

Except for the the whole turning to the right and shaking! I drove my car and it didn't do that!

Thank goodness it didn't do the shaking lol, I'm sure we all had a time playing the "lets guess and have andrew check" game ha. Lookin good though man, I've been wonderin what has been goin on lately. So you are gonna boost this? Do you know how much boost you're gonna run? Also, I don't know about cars with b16's but I know with my d16, a t3/t4 will fit with the stock rad. Funny story about that actually, I had it all together and on with an ecu with a basemap and I chickened out after a run, I was scared to blow it up so I sold all the shit and decided to just stick with bolt ons, since this is my DD and all. Also, what style kit is getting put on here?

Well boosted i'm shooting for 300... But i'm trying for a low budget, even though i know that "THE CHEAP AIN'T GOOD AND THE GOOD AIN'T CHEAP"

As for the body kit, i'll take pics this weekend and post them

here is what you should do man, get an EG radiator (you know the half one) and it might just fit since you replaced the crossmember with that traction bar

100_2093.jpg

if it still doesnt fit this is what i had to do, you cant see it when the hood is closed so i said screw it, it works perfect
100_2094.jpg

11/1

WoW!

It has been a good minute since i've posted on my thread!

(shame on me):(

Anyways,

I've been working on the body to clear my mind of the whole radiator thing!!

So here is whats new!!

2.jpg

So this is my front bumper. Its a mugen style bumper which I had to modify as you will see.

1.jpg

This is the passenger side

4.jpg

The drivers side

6.jpg

And the center. The bumper was about 1 3/4" too long

5.jpg

Then I used some shitty primer paint, which is used for metal(which doesn't flex) when I should have been using a primer that flexes. D'oh!!:doh:

3.jpg

So I sanded all that crap off!! and my dad helped!!

8.jpg

7.jpg

Then we wet sanded and sprayed on the new primer!!
9.jpg

10.jpg

Then we did the same to the front fenders!

These are F-1 fenders which I had to modify the body a little.

11.jpg

I had to make a notch on the body. I used a dye grinder and a hammer.

20.jpg

21.jpg

Then I was measuring all the pieces before I start to drill holes in the bumper and fenders!

18.jpg

A front shot

15.jpg

Gotta do some bending... only slightly!

And then I added the headlights just to give a glimpse of what is to come!

17.jpg

And thats all I have so far...

I'll be finishing the skirts, rear bumper and the doors.

Then i'll be done with the body work and I can get back to the radiator problem.

Last edited:
Updated the pics. check!!!

Also I'm planning on getting the H.I.D. Kit for the lights, but I really don't know which are the low beam and the high beams. I know the bulbs that I need are 9006, and 9005

9006= High beam ??
9006= Low beam ??

Just want to buy the right bulbs!

Also, are the low beams on the Inside or the Outside of the housing???

not sure about the light numbers, i will look at mine tomorow and get back to you.

the high beams are on the inside. low is outside.

btw, not to thread jack, but i bought another ef today. its nice. gotta change my avatar though.

but i like your front bumper, not too sure about the fenders, but i pass no judgement until i see complete. plus, i have a widebody kit. i have zero room to talk. lmao.

^^^ only reads picture books.

he didnt read the posts at all, just looked at the pictures, lol. jk.

haha I actually did read the posts, but I read them all before thinking maybe as I was reading them that the pics would go POOF and appear, there were no x's or anything just no pics, so when the pics finally arrived, I didn't bother re-reading lol.

ill be doing the same .......

im getting ready to do the same thing.91 dx ,b16a,projetors,hate to say it altezzas,also looking at the v fiber tuner r kit.at this point just waiting for the swap to arrive and the insurance adjuster to come look at damage that the btchhh that backed into it done.im actullay excited to get started its been a long time since ive done something like this.i sold my race car back in like 02 and have been out of the scene for a while.i must say its a little overwhelming with all the stuff thats avaliable now.once i start on mine here shortly ill post some pics and such.

12/29

Hey Everyone!

Well, I have been pretty busy with the holidays and have been away from my project. I plan on starting up again Mid-January. I will be finishing the painting at my cousins painting booth so that I can focus on putting a SNAIL under the hood. I really wanna go with a T3/T4 turbo with an A/R trim of .63 for best efficiency.

I really wanna do my research and work out the "kinks" on the drawing board before I start to buy turbo parts.

Here is a question: I have a PR3 Ecu which is OBD-0. I'm gonna go turbo, and I know that OBD-0 can be chipped but can Chrome be ran on this ECU? I see alot of conversion kits for obd-0 to obd-1. I hope I don't need to do this!!

I wanna keep my ecu but if I have to switch to OBD-1, then I will.

I'll post pics of the painting being done sometime near the end of January.

If anyone knows of a shop which tunes ECUs and has a good reputation, please e-mail me or just reply!!

Thanks!

6/10/08

Hey Thought I'd continue with this thread!!! Have lots of new goodies and some pics to post as far as how the project is doing so far.

Back