my 91 hatch swap/build (56k no, seriously alot of pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Right on man, looks great! Nice work taking all of those pictures, that is the one thing I regret after having done my swap, i did not take near enough pictures :( But I will not make the same mistake on the 2nd one. Any major hitches during your swap? Learned any thing new and interesting? I did a simple ZC swap and auto to manual conversion which is alittle bit easier than what you are undertaking.

wiring was a big thing for me. but after i got through that. going through my motor that i wasn't going to touch , and finding that nothing had real gaskets except for the major ones. all rtv. ha ha good thing i did it. well ill let you know if anything else pops up when the motor goes back in.

So my motor goes back in this weekend. i have been busy with work and school. i cant wait to get this rolling again. i miss driving my hatch.

i don't know if anybody is viewing this but heres where I'm at now.

starts. i fixed the timing and the vacuum i needed a couple things so i went to the u pick found the solenoid and snagged me a nice set of rear disc's great price.
06cfb0c9.jpg

b4a50f83.jpg

9fb58760.jpg

bb2d86e2.jpg

2aff02f1.jpg

8564c100.jpg

e5f12c09.jpg

i guess i can thank Andrew for giving me the idea to go here. i didn't know places like this existed until i read his thread. only downside is that its 2hrs and 30 min away.. oh well it was fun.

BTW my exhaust is hooked up now too. sounds OK. still needs to be tweaked.

Back