My 91 Mx-5 miata

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ive signed my life away from snap on months ago ,lol my tools only consist of snap on , and harbor freight (stuff that can be cheap stuff) , I will take pictures of my box tomorrow I guess lol

ive signed my life away from snap on months ago ,lol my tools only consist of snap on , and harbor freight (stuff that can be cheap stuff) , I will take pictures of my box tomorrow I guess lol

Fake pictures unless the church is in the back ground.

Has to have a picture of the Integra with a new sticker on it too to be valid.

Well jiffy lube allow him to take them home? That's why we need a picture of them in front of the church.

Just out of curiosity, why is Craftsman an off-brand? Only time I've broken their stuff is when I'm misusing it, and they replace it no questions asked.

My tools are a combination of Craftsman and Duralast. IDK, on the rare occasion I break one, its always easy to get it replaced.

Because they're cheap garbage. Their wrenches and sockets flex and allow bolts to round off, they break, they're bulky and don't fit into tight areas well...I could go on and on.

They're better than lots of other options, but they're still junk.

Also worth noting that I literally use my tools pretty much all day, every day; in that type of environment, it quickly becomes VERY obvious which tools are good and which are junk. Ease of use, comfort in your hand, how well it grips the nut/bolt/whatever, any flex/stretch in the tool, etc - things that most hobbyists wouldn't think twice about become looming up-front-and-personal grievances if not problems.

Snap-on is the bee's knees; Mac/Matco/Cornwell are all on par for the most part with Snap-On, but I prefer Snap-On as that's the dealer that's the most reliable in my area. One of these days I'll go through my toolboxes and make a thread of all the cool shit I've got.

Last edited:

I thought you were working at a tattoo shop a few months back?

ive got a maaco pry bar kit, 3/8 impact , screw driver set, pick set,and a maaco torque wrench, bought all my oil filter wrenches from them, all my ratchets and wrenches, my half inch drive impact , and my cordless 3/8 are snap on, my socket sets are all harbor freight sockets , I know they are cheap, but ive not broke any of them (broke plenty of craftsman, husky, stanley, etc.) and rest of my misc tools are harbor freight

ive got a maaco pry bar kit, 3/8 impact , screw driver set, pick set,and a maaco torque wrench, bought all my oil filter wrenches from them, all my ratchets and wrenches, my half inch drive impact , and my cordless 3/8 are snap on, my socket sets are all harbor freight sockets , I know they are cheap, but ive not broke any of them (broke plenty of craftsman, husky, stanley, etc.) and rest of my misc tools are harbor freight
Congrats, your tool collection rivals mine. And I'm an accountant.

I didn't realize a horrible auto body chain made tools.

I am a boat mechanic in a saltwater market, for day to day use in a harsh environment and many ridiculously tight spaces, nothing beats snap on. It sucks that its expensive, but its better. Craftsmen and harbor freight are ok for some things (I definitely have some of both), but for things you will used heavily, its worth the money to upgrade to the real deal. For the record, matco ratchets are garbage... sure they are slim and seem nice when they are brand new, but turn to absolute shit after some use and abuse.

Back