My 92 Hatch With A B20-vtec...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicb20

i was thinkin of going with this set up...let me know what u think....and how fast i would be hittin....i got a 95 GSR head and B20B bottom block....still lookin for a tranny....
-Skunk2:springs
retainers
cam gears
valves
stage 2 camshafts
-JGedlebrock: intake manifold
65mm throttle body
-custom 85mm JE pistons 10:5.1 or 11:5
-eagle rods
-port and polish 5angle valve job
-aem: fuel rail
fuel regulator
-transmission: GS-R
-clutch: ACT stage 2
-dc sport: headers 4-1

check out the Toda spec B's too for cams you might like them a little more they change both profiles so you gain low end(non VTEC) power as well as top end
65mm is kinda on the small side for the TB look into getting a 70mm one
85mm is getting pretty thin for the wall (someone else will have to comment on this) and if you plan to resleeve anyway you might as well start with a B18B and save a few hundred $ up front
ACT doesnt do "stages" as far as i know
DC headers arent all that great... no point in cheaping out on the header.... look into something else
get a quaife LSD for the tranny
and your gunna need a way to tune the ECU (hondata, VAFC, etc....)

:werd: on the clutch
ACT 6 puck
or CLUTCHMASTERS stage 2 or 3

also on the LSD
quaife's are cool and indestructible but they carry a higher $$$ too
If you want cheap traction check out PHANTOM GRIP diffs ( i think they have them on www.mmrusa.com)

a b20 out to 85 isn't crazy guys. stock is 84

but i too would run a b18 bored to 84.5mm for N/a

wasnt sure about the bore thats why i said someone else will have to comment

personaly i wouldnt go b20 cuz you can really take them through high rpms but if you do bore and resleve you might beable to take a 9,000 rpm unsafly but yess all of your choice is on ever thing else is nice but the throttle body you will want to get a bigger (mm)

do you have the gsr block if you do how much would you let it go for

Originally posted by onefastcivic@Jan 16 2003, 11:03 AM
personaly i wouldnt go b20 cuz you can really take them through high rpms but if you do bore and resleve you might beable to take a 9,000 rpm unsafly but yess all of your choice is on ever thing else is nice but the throttle body you will want to get a bigger (mm)

Misinformation is a bad thing. Don't practice it anymore.

The B20 sleeve can handle 9000rpm just like the B18B sleeve. Why would you want to bore a B20 anyway?

Originally posted by Calesta+Jan 17 2003, 02:25 AM-->
onefastcivic
@Jan 16 2003, 11:03 AM

Misinformation is a bad thing. Don't practice it anymore.

The B20 sleeve can handle 9000rpm just like the B18B sleeve. Why would you want to bore a B20 anyway?

the reason i said not to go with b20 is becuase many ppl that i know said it is not good to even go over 8000 rpm with them plus they said at that rpm they have little power from what i have heard they mostly have low end power

the reason a stock B20 is not rev-friendly, and makes most of its power at low RPM has to do with the head, cams, valvetrain, etc.... not so much with the block

the reason i said not to go with b20 is becuase many ppl that i know said it is not good to even go over 8000 rpm with them plus they said at that rpm they have little power from what i have heard they mostly have low end power

Ok.. do these people who "said" something have any real experience? People hear lots of things and pass it all around as a bunch of BS. I get really tired or people saying things and hearing things without any real proof.

the reason a stock B20 is not rev-friendly, and makes most of its power at low RPM has to do with the head, cams, valvetrain, etc.... not so much with the block

Yes, that would be the reason why. :D

Back