My 93 civic hatch axle problem....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gunz2165

I have a 93 civic hatch with an 01 integra motor swap. i had to change my passenger side axle. i didnt swap out the front end parts when i put the motor in for the integra i left them the 93 honda stock parts. the problem im having is i put everything back together when to drive my car and it started grinding like shit at the axle where it goes into the tranny, likes its engaging. ive done plenty of axles before and have never had this problem before. can someone help me out on what it could be? i even tried an 01 integra axle but it doesnt fit through the hub. but i took off the stock 93 honda axles so i should be able to put the stock honda axles back on. someone please help me asap its killing me not to be able to drive my car.:driver::(:confused::(:confused::(:confused::(:confused::(:confused:

You need to run b-series axles from any integra. They are all the same splines and lengths and will fit into your chassis. My guess is the axle was just not in all the way. Don't be afraid to use force either, just make sure its splined up correctly.

:werd:

Go to Autozone or something too. They're cheap, buy em for full price, then go back a day or so later and return the civic ones as the core. Most of the kids that work at Autozone won't know the difference. If you bring it in the same day they'll compare the two and they may not accept them as a core.

Back