My 93 civic with 98 gsr engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bmcracing

Hi now i know not many of yall are fans of the "chip" but i have heard from people in my town Houston tx that a p28 ecu is better for power than the stock gsr p72 ecu if chippd.
Now i was wondering if somebody could plz tell me wich chip to use i was going to get one off ebay.... i am not expecting a lot of power and for that reason i am doing a turbo setupon my car.
the chip is just a cheap sorce of powere for now if someone could plz get back with me soon thx laterz

I've heard the p28 chipped with a skunk 2 chip is the best way, but it runs real rich. I got a 00 si motor in my 93 si rite now, and im running with the p28 its fine. maybe not getting enuf fuel but im got the 00 si fuel pump and im hoping thats compensating for the ecu fuel program. By all means if ur running all motor with just bolt ons i say leave the ecu alone. If ur running with turbo or wat ever ..a chipped ecu is probly goin to benifit u more then if u were running with a chip ecu and just bolt ons. You would probly get a lot of people who's say do the chip its goin to give u mad hp...but in reality from all the dyno and research i've done, i've seen only a 1 hp gain, probly from the aggressive fuel programing. It will eliminate ur rpm governor, if ur all motor with no aftermarket valve train, in time that will fawk u up, blow ur motor or something.Theres a reason why u have that governor if u get my point. If u have after market valve trains like skunk2 then no matter, rev as high as u like. My opinion..get if wen u build ur motor and run turbo nitrous but if ur all motor, stock ..dont waste ur money on it.

the chipped p28(skunk2) is great and it does run very rich, just get a vafc and have it tuned and you should be running fine and not so rich

I used a Mugen chip on my p28 when I swapped my b16 into my 93 ex, but if you do go the chip route, don't get one off ebay. That's where I got mine and all it did was fry my p28, wound up having to buy a whole new ecu because the chip ruined mine.

Moral: Spend the money and do it right the first time.....

:beer:

Back