1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 93 Del Sol build thread

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by Eros2180, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Eros2180

Eros2180 New Member

Ok guys, this is my first build thread so i hope it goes good. The car is a 93 Del Sol S. I posted up a thread after joining with hilarious pics of the " rice mobile " I purchased. Since then I put in the SOHC Vtec ZC just to have a drivable car for the time being.

Well, the temp tag runs out the end of this month and I will be putting it in the garage for winter rebuild/makeover.

I figured I would go ahead and get the thread started and maybe get some opinions on what all to do/what to get.

Ive read several posts where ( cant remember who ) insists on building D-series, they can get mad gains. I have really thought and considered that, but still unsure. If i do swap id like to stay away from B16 for several reasons, but I really dont want ALOT of fabrication on my hands unless it would be something big like the F20c we talked about ( which is a no go ). Just a simple swap ( if I dont keep the D )

Im also going to start a sandrail project this winter and was thinking about trying to use the SOHC for the motor if i do a swap, but thats low priority right now.

So, suggestions

Build D?
    Swap then build?

This motor will also be boosted after internals

To do list for winter:

-Strip paint to bare metal
    -Replace bodykit & Z3 fenders
    -Repaint ( Thinking Si blue or a gunmetal )
    -Replace interior carpet/panels
    -Replace coilovers/struts
    -Rear disc conversion
    -install keyless entry/alram

-internals
    -H/I/E
    -Mounts/bushings
    -Turbo

I know thats not everything but i cant think of it all right now. I will try to post some pics up soon of the car when bought and the D swap till now.

thanks for looking

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  2. norcalgsr

norcalgsr Honda Master Technician

You can swap in a B18B or C just as easily as the B16 if you don't want to build the D series engine. Personally I think that would be a better option, but if it's too much money to swap and then turbo the B series you can make a pretty damn fast car with the D series too. Just make sure to build the bottom end up and get good a good engine management/tuning package.

3. Eros2180

Eros2180 New Member

Well, met up with a boy today and bought some parts.

He said he had a greddy exhaust and the rear disc conversion parts.

50 for exhaust and 100 for disc conversion.

When i get there, the exhaust didnt have Greddy on it so im assuming its just a cheap ebay can, but it will have to do for now. Has to be better then open downpipe, plus its only on the road for another week and a half.

As for the Rear, looked at it when i got it in the garage, looks pretty good.

Im getting amped, not too much longer before i can get started!

4. serrilion

serrilion In my own little world! VIP

Sweet! Make sure to get pics up. I would go with a D series, just make sure to read up on them before ya start! :)

5. Oddmind

Oddmind New Member

I have a 93 si with a B18B for improved torque with a Type R B16A2 head. It makes excellent power and the guy who I bought it from says it's definitely not the most expensive option.

I can vouch for an integra > del sol swap.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted