My 93 Del Sol build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Eros2180

Ok guys, this is my first build thread so i hope it goes good. The car is a 93 Del Sol S. I posted up a thread after joining with hilarious pics of the " rice mobile " I purchased. Since then I put in the SOHC Vtec ZC just to have a drivable car for the time being.

Well, the temp tag runs out the end of this month and I will be putting it in the garage for winter rebuild/makeover.

I figured I would go ahead and get the thread started and maybe get some opinions on what all to do/what to get.

Ive read several posts where ( cant remember who ) insists on building D-series, they can get mad gains. I have really thought and considered that, but still unsure. If i do swap id like to stay away from B16 for several reasons, but I really dont want ALOT of fabrication on my hands unless it would be something big like the F20c we talked about ( which is a no go ). Just a simple swap ( if I dont keep the D )

Im also going to start a sandrail project this winter and was thinking about trying to use the SOHC for the motor if i do a swap, but thats low priority right now.

So, suggestions

Build D?
Swap then build?

This motor will also be boosted after internals

To do list for winter:

-Strip paint to bare metal
-Replace bodykit & Z3 fenders
-Repaint ( Thinking Si blue or a gunmetal )
-Replace interior carpet/panels
-Replace coilovers/struts
-Rear disc conversion
-install keyless entry/alram

-internals
-H/I/E
-Mounts/bushings
-Turbo

I know thats not everything but i cant think of it all right now. I will try to post some pics up soon of the car when bought and the D swap till now.

thanks for looking

Last edited:
You can swap in a B18B or C just as easily as the B16 if you don't want to build the D series engine. Personally I think that would be a better option, but if it's too much money to swap and then turbo the B series you can make a pretty damn fast car with the D series too. Just make sure to build the bottom end up and get good a good engine management/tuning package.

Well, met up with a boy today and bought some parts.

He said he had a greddy exhaust and the rear disc conversion parts.

50 for exhaust and 100 for disc conversion.

When i get there, the exhaust didnt have Greddy on it so im assuming its just a cheap ebay can, but it will have to do for now. Has to be better then open downpipe, plus its only on the road for another week and a half.

As for the Rear, looked at it when i got it in the garage, looks pretty good.

Im getting amped, not too much longer before i can get started!

Sweet! Make sure to get pics up. I would go with a D series, just make sure to read up on them before ya start! :)

I have a 93 si with a B18B for improved torque with a Type R B16A2 head. It makes excellent power and the guy who I bought it from says it's definitely not the most expensive option.

I can vouch for an integra > del sol swap.

Back