My 96 Civic and B18 is sick plz help???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

96coupeb18

Hello everyone, Here is the deal I just swapped my B18A1 into my 96 Civic, it was running rough due to dead gas amongst other things, so I drained the gas out and replaced with 93 and octane booster, new fuel filter, 9.5mm plug wires, ngk platinum plugs, I have made sure all vaccumm lines are connected and are properly sealed, but when I go to accelerate , the car studders then gets to going. and it does it a certain RPM range about 4000 rpm then it lags and gradually accelerates, when I have it floored. It is a OBD1 B18A1 integra engine and the car is a 96 Civic Coupe DX and I am using a 96 OBD2 Integra ECU, which I had instead of the OBD2-1 Conversion Harness, can anyone tell me what else could possibly be the problem, I was thinking maybe injectors are not firing???? some food for thought as well the injectors are the civic injectors(obd2) dont know if the flow rate is too little for the integra motor, but I was told to use the civic injectors so I would not have to cut the wires?? Any help is appreciated thanks

OBD-2 looks for sensors that the OBD-1 just doesnt have
are you getting a CEL?

other than that double check your timing

I am getting a CEL but it is because I was told that OBD2 cars have 2 o2 sensors and that engine only has connector for 1, so one is only wired up and I was told I could run another to the back towards the exhaust to get rid of that CEL. ??? True or NO

check the CEL code and make sure thats what it is ..... but anyway ... yes OBD-2 uses 2 O2 sensors and yes not having one could make the car run like shit

Well it idles fine, but it is when I accelerate so the O2 could make it do that, and how do I wire in a second O2, is there 2 seperate plugs on the civic harness???

sounds more like a timing issue to me, but fix that O2 problem also. i think there is a way to trick the ecu into thinking the other O2 is there.

How could I trick it to think that the other O2 Sensor is there???

Don't know much about OBD 2 but I don't think you wnat to splice the O2's together, get an 02 simulator instead, just my thoughts

Back