My adventures at the race track - pics

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rsaeini

A couple of weeks ago I went to California Speedway with the Redline Track Events group and we were running our cars on the infield. It was fun as hell to say the least.
I wanted to share some pictures with everyone.

My best time around the track was a 1:32:004 and i had #96 on the side of my car. mind you my car is stock(except a CF hood) and I was in the beginner group.
I posted the second best lap time for my group.
On the front straight I was hitting 105mph and about 96mph on the back straight.
The advanced group was running average times of 1:16-1:20 and they had full on race cars. sorry for the jumbo pics. i'll resize them soon.

gallery_8987_212_494.jpg

gallery_8987_212_89860.jpg

gallery_8987_212_63673.jpg

gallery_8987_212_126155.jpg

gallery_8987_212_101668.jpg

gallery_8987_212_73484.jpg

might be a dumb question, but why the blue tape in certain places?

On a race track with sticky tires that shead chunks, throw up rocks, and several other types of debris, you have things shooting at your car at 100mph+. The tape acts like a car bra. Minimum, people are highly advised to put a few strips on their headlights so when shit hits them, it doesn't leave plastic all over the track.

Worms, aka little rubber shreads from tires shoot up at you all the time and are a bitch to get off, because they leave 1-2inch black rubber streaks on your car.

BTW, wrong forum :moved:

and the bugs...those freaking things hit the car and explode. it's a pain in the ass to clean it up. i had to wash the car twice to get all of it off.

sorry about posting in the wrong forum. i was gonna put it in "racing" but i wasn't really talking about form or skills. anyow, my bad. thanks for moving it.

Originally posted by rsaeini@Mar 17 2005, 03:25 PM
and the bugs...those freaking things hit the car and explode. it's a pain in the ass to clean it up. i had to wash the car twice to get all of it off.

sorry about posting in the wrong forum. i was gonna put it in "racing" but i wasn't really talking about form or skills. anyow, my bad. thanks for moving it.
[post=474867]Quoted post[/post]​

For the bugs and rubber, the things that work to remove them are clay bar, ultra fine 3m rubbing compound, and or bug and tar remover. If you go the last two routes, you may have to rewax that area.

as for moving it, don't worry about it.

that was March 6th.
there is another event coming up real soon in April at Willow Springs.

Back