1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my alarm 1/2 works. arm no, de-arm yes.

Discussion in 'Car Audio / Security / Electronic Accessories' started by get_nick, Feb 17, 2007.

1. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

well, i have some shitty alarm/keyless entry that came with the car. it worked for a while but now the arm/lock feature doesn't work anymore. the little button on the remote red lights up, so i know the button is functioning. but it doesn't lock. the unlock works fine though.

i changed the battery but that didn't fix it. i disconnected my car battery in an attempt to reset it. that didn't work either. do you guys have any suggestions?

2. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

bad relay?

3. 05R1

05R1 New Member

Does any of the other buttons work? Do you know what kind of system? Name and model # should be on the front of the unit. Most aftermarket alarms are installed by the ignition switch.

4. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

there are 2 buttons. 1 locks it, 1 unlocks it. the lock button doesnt do anything, but it does light up the remote indicator light. the unlock button unlocks and de-arms it like normal.

5. d17type-R

d17type-R Doc Brown says

Start namin' names

If it beeps or chirps once when you arm it and twice when you disarm it, chances are it's a DEI product. If there is a push-button valet switch hidden somewhere... (it's probably round and black and under the dash or by your hood release) ... then turn on the ignition to the "RUN" position and push and hold that button.

If that fails find the alarm "brain" and disconnect it!

Then come back here with the alarm brain in your hot little hands and tytpe in the reply box what make and model the alarm is... names are helpful to us installer types.;)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted