My all-motor LS 1/8 mile times

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gocivicls

Not bad for n/a LS with a low budget, and untuned. Cam Gears still a TDC and S-AFC set at zero. What do you think?

8.80 ET (1/8 mile)
1.984 60ft
79.598 mph

8.85 ET (1/8 mile)
2.077 60ft
79.999 mph

All Motor LS (B18B) Hasn't been tuned yet!

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

tune that baby up and you got yourself some low 13's. thats ill for being on a budget and being all motor. makes me happy to be swaping an ls in soon! keep up the good work.

I love it. I love it. I love it!!!!!!

Here is what I have got done.....

Mods to my 95 Civic Dx coupe:

95 1.8 ltr. non-vtec (Integra LS) swap
Clutch Masters lightweight flywheel (8 lbs)
ACT HD/OO clutch kit
Shotpinned stock rods (hendrins racing)
B16b pct ek-9 CTR pistons (standard bore)
OEM Honda factory piston rings
ARP head studs
ARP rod bolts (1.8L 8MM (for LS-VTEC) 208-6001 $34)
Gude BullfrogStock regrinded cams and matching valve springs
Stone head gasket
Mr. Gasket exhaust manifold gasket
STR adj. cam gears
Skunk2 intake manifold
ITR throttle cable & bracket
GSR TB (Bypass coolant lines into TB)
Carbon Fiber 3" intake
B&M fuel presure regulator
B&M fuel presure gauge
AEM high flow fuel filter
Taylor 10mm plug wires
99 ITR fuel injectors and fuel rail (240cc)
Mugen spec chip (8500 rpm rev)
JDM S-AFC (Generation 1)
STR cam seal
Tanabe exhaust (custom 2 1/4" no cat or resinator)
DC sports 4-1 header
Energy suspension solid motor mount inserts
Energy suspension solid Shift bushing kit
OBX lightweight underdrive crankshaft pulley
OBX Short throw shifter
Mickey Thompson ET drag slicks (13 x 6.5)

BEST ET BEFORE THIS SETUP:

9.10 et
76.99 mph
2.00 60ft

BEST NOW:

8.80 et
79.59 mph
1.984 60ft

8.85 et
79.99 mph
2.07 60ft

Sounds good... I'm going all motor LSVTEC though. But I admire your setup.

Thats freakin awesome man! I'm proud of ya man. Don't know WTF is wrong w/ my set up &%#@!!! Maybe the slicks and a better chip will do it. We definetly need to take the All Mtr LS to the ROCK!!!!! I'll holla at u 2nite

That's fuggin great. My friend has an ITR motor in his 97 hatch and his best in the 1/8 is 9 flat. The motor is stock, but still. Tune that shiot. B)
Mad props, y0! :lol:

Originally posted by khrisb@Dec 1 2003, 07:35 PM
That's fuggin great. My friend has an ITR motor in his 97 hatch and his best in the 1/8 is 9 flat. The motor is stock, but still. Tune that shiot. B)
Mad props, y0! :lol:

I have seen an ITR motor in a 99 hatch, with slicks run 8.88's at the same track I run at. So if he can, you can.

What tranny are you running? I wonder if switching to a much narrower tranny would drastically drop your times.

Otherwise, those are pretty damn good IMO.

hell ya, badass times man, congrats to u, although your budget doesnt exactly seem to be all that tight u still got some mean times goin, get that biotch tuned and thwn give us an update :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

"I have seen an ITR motor in a 99 hatch, with slicks run 8.88's at the same track I run at. So if he can, you can."
Hey yo, that white hatch last year had a CTR motor not an ITR. LOL

i'm hoping my stock LS in the hatch will run high 14s in the quater, then when it's turbo-ed (early next year) I'm hoping ill run as mid to low 13s. This is also to show vtec is not needed to get good times and LS's have plenty of potential. BTW if you don't mind me asking how much did you spend on that? DYNO yet?

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Dec 2 2003, 07:45 PM
i'm hoping my stock LS in the hatch will run high 14s in the quater, then when it's turbo-ed (early next year) I'm hoping ill run as mid to low 13s. This is also to show vtec is not needed to get good times and LS's have plenty of potential. BTW if you don't mind me asking how much did you spend on that? DYNO yet?

Just a wild guess, cause it would make me sick if I new exactly. But I put around 3 grand in and on the motor. That is everything down to the mugen oil cap.

I wanted to prove to people around here that it doesn't take 10,000 dollars to make a Honda fast. A Non-Vtec at that. I have surprised a lot of people, even Honda owners. The only imports keeping up with me at the track are either boosted or spraying. For now anyways.

I have not been to the dyno yet!! But I will post when I do.

nice guys, im doin a siR and im goin all motor, i was wonderin how many stickers do i have to have in order to run low 12's?? haha just kiddin. it was great i was goin home for the weekend the other day, and i saw these kids in a 89 chevy cav. covered with bumperstickers. :blink: they had a huge ass APC in the frunt and back. it was great. too bad i was in my winter car (82 olds) and i couldnt realy make too much fun of him. but he was tryin to P.I.M.P. it tho. haha i love norther NY and VT..... :lol:
but guys thats real nice i hope i can get that fast wit my all motor. keep it goin.

I want to build an all motor LS also, so if you have any insight on whats good and not, email me. Thanx.

Back