My Alltrac

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I traded a rusty '93 Si hatch with the usual shit and a turbo, minus the stereo for a '92 Celica AllTrac plus four new tires, plus a new JDM motor... PLUS... $1600 cash. Call it a girls car all you want, but 225 HP and 225 ft lbs. going through an AWD driveline, and a motor that'll handle 600 HP with bolt ons and a head gasket makes it pretty freakin' manly if you ask me. :p

54.JPG

55.JPG

56.JPG

More pictures and swap pics here: http://thenew.gamesbbs.com/~vassago/pictures/celica And on that swap- lemmie tell you Honda guys something... you have no idea how easy it is to swap a Honda motor. Swapping a 3S-GTE in an AllTrac will make a man out of anyone, even pissedoffsol's mom! ;)

Nice, when I was car shopping, the only ALltrac I found was a 91 or so white Celica, and they wanted $10k. <_<

I'm happier with the Mustang.

:ph34r:

ok im a little confused from your page with the swap. did you just swap in the alltrac turbo engine? or did you take an already alltrac turbo celica and swap in an even more powerful engine? or did you jus get a lower mileage engine to put in? but that does look pretty sweet.....

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Jun 9 2003, 08:33 PM
did you just swap in the alltrac turbo engine? or did you take an already alltrac turbo celica and swap in an even more powerful engine? or did you jus get a lower mileage engine to put in? but that does look pretty sweet.....

The motor that was in the car had 165K and a spun rod bearing. Before it's death, it was probably 20 HP shy of the 200 USDM HP rating. The owner of the car bought a JDM 3S-GTE from Nippon motors, which has 225 HP and TQ, and as shown on the certificate of wear or whatever, has less than 19K miles on it. So yes, I swapped in a newer, more powerful motor. But not a different motor- all AllTracs came with 3S-GTE motors.

Yeah, y0 mama said the same thing 'till her ass got tore up by my AWD manlyness. :D ;)

Nice car, very clean...gj on the swap. B)

Only downside to that car and probably only reason why I wouldnt get one, is their fricken heavy. :(

But AWD-T :worthy: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Always my fav combo

Originally posted by HatchSpeeD@Jun 9 2003, 09:50 PM
Nice car, very clean...gj on the swap. B)

Only downside to that car and probably only reason why I wouldnt get one, is their fricken heavy. :(

But AWD-T :worthy: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Always my fav combo

hello and welcome to performance. Who cares if it weighs 10 tons, as long as it hauls ass. Honda's have to be light to be fast b/c they are tqless motors and need to be feathers to move. A 3850 lbs camaro does the 1/4 in the mid 13's, its heavy, but it also has power.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Jun 9 2003, 09:06 PM
Swapping a 3S-GTE in an AllTrac will make a man out of anyone, even pissedoffsol's mom! ;)

hey, let's get off mom's cuz i just got off yours
:ph34r:

I know, I know.... hello and welcome to grammer school.... :lol:

You spelled grammar wrong, ass...You could have used another year of college :ph34r:

Can we look into spell check for these forums? I am tired of being it.

There is no such thing as a girls car. Even if manufacturers aimed a car at girls only, you know a homo would rock it.

Word to that! We are deprived, all the other cool boards have one!

sweet car .... now get the damn'd axle fixed ... i want to go for a ride :D

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 9 2003, 11:27 PM
there's no spell checker avalble that i know of.... shit, i still gotta get the QRB back in effect...

dude, check out the IB sites with skins and one has "add ins" with shit like that. I seen spell checker and all that shit. its like ibresource.com or something like that.

yeah, they have one, but its real ghetto. the word list is pathetic. and thats the problem. basically, some one has to sit there and enter every word in the dictionary to make it semi- functional

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jun 9 2003, 10:09 PM
hello and welcome to performance. Who cares if it weighs 10 tons, as long as it hauls ass. Honda's have to be light to be fast b/c they are tqless motors and need to be feathers to move. A 3850 lbs camaro does the 1/4 in the mid 13's, its heavy, but it also has power.

Ok guy, calm down there killa :axe:

Besides a Camaro is mainly that heavy due largely to the fact that its got 8cyl's under the hood.

Just cuz it hauls ass in the quarter mile doesnt mean I would want to drive it @ an autocross or @ a track with many turns. Thats all I was saying, sheesh.

no reason to calm down... there was no haste behind that. They are heavy b/c of the motor? The motor weighs around 375-400 lbs, infact with crate and all, they have a 450 lbs shipping weight. So its not b/c of the motor.

Go read up before you knock em on the autocross, there are some mad autocross camaro's.. honda's are not gold and are not the best, altho some think so (that isn't directed at you)

Nice ride. I'd rock it y0.

Coincidentally, I'm going to the Pikes Peak Hill Climb in a few weeks, and the Open Class record holder for time up the mountain is Rod Millen, and it was in a Celica AllTrac. :worthy:

Back