1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My B16 is about to get a little more Happy

Discussion in 'Auto Multi-Media' started by CarAudiophile, Jun 16, 2004.

1. CarAudiophile

CarAudiophile Senior Member

2. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

nitrous is nitrous...

3. NoJokE

NoJokE Senior Member

You're missing a bottle...

4. CarAudiophile

I have checked with alot of people.. Zex is good.. Nitrous Express is better for the money.. Plus I am a dealer of Nitrous Express so I wanted to run soemthing I sell. Its a wet Kit.. I will be running a 55hp shot and with a 75 shot when I get my MSD in to be able to Adjust timing on the car.. I just got some Cooler NGK plugs to go with it and also my AEM Fuel Rail and AEM FPR came in also so those will be tossed on tonight as well..

I will let you guys know how it turns out.. And maybe even a Video if me and Kyle go out for a drive later on..

And yeah I need 2 of the Big Ones.. And I need em by tonight.. :)

5. CarAudiophile

Damn fittings for the fuel line are too small.. So now were are going to tap the Fuel Rail instead of the Fuel Line.. So it should be done tonight.. I will have pics up of the install later on this evening.

The Fuel Rail and the FPR sure look seski though..

6. CarAudiophile

My Vtec engagement is set right at 5K..

My best time out at the Track is a 15.3 @ 94 mph with a 2.7 60ft.. (1/8th was 10.01)

On my BFG's I ran a 9.7 in the 1/8th with a 2.2 60ft so I should be in the hi 14's.. (it was an 1/8th mile track)

Our local track out here sucks for traction. We are going to go to KCIR one of these days and see what the difference is.. But with the Nitrous I would be happy with a Low Low 14..

7. CarAudiophile

Another Update..

Put the Fuel line into the AEM Fuel Rail.. Put the 55 Jets On.. Took it out for a Drive..

YYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Buddy.. She pulls real strong now..

One of my good friends has a STI.. He pulled decently before on the Roll from me.. But now we were door to door last night with me edging him slightly up top.. This car is soooooo much quicker now.. I think i had a fuel pressure problem before because my fuel pressure was real low with the stock Rail on.. We bumped it up now to about 40-41 and the car ran strong NA.. But with the Bottle she is damn quick.. Now I just have to find a Mustang GT to try it out on.. Hmmm Wonder were I know where one is.. :)

Thnaks Nitrous Express.. You make a Damn fine kit..

I will see if I can get the pics up today sometime..

8. nismogod

nismogod Senior Member

if you can keep up with an STI, you will demolish a GT. according to lots of mags "HOT ROD" for this time "The STi managed a 13.29 1/4 mile, with altitude adjustment"

9. CarAudiophile

I have a 2G DSM fuel pump that flows 190. I am looking into a a Walbro 255 right now but I think the DSM Fuel Pump will work for now. But my Fuel pump is upgraded.. Injectors are one thing I have been lookig into.. I maybe getting some DSM 450's to go in it then try to tame them with a Vafc.

Cams.. Not sure on.. I have been looking at a Toda Head package but I also have been talking to the Company Dynamic Autosports in Cali about there Cams and using Ferrea Valve springs and Retainers if I do there Cams..

I am either going to build the LS Block to put this head on or I will stick with the B16 bottom end.. Alot of people go LS/Vtec around here so to be original I may want to stick with the 1.6 bottom end that is built for the Juice and prepped for Maybe some boost next year and rid of the Nitrous.

10. CarAudiophile

I have a Bunch of DSM Friends where I can get there injectors for next to nothing so I will just contact one of them. There the same source I got my Fuel Pump from.

I seen what the Toda package can do and I like it. Its just something I am looking into. But I also for the time being may upgrade to a set of GSR Cams for the time being to help a little because I can get em pretty cheap..

But the Headwork will not be started until this winter to pull it apart.

11. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

Hey man, can you give me a full list of whats done to your car? b16 in a hatch... what has been done to the B16 itself? i/h/e? and now Nitrous...?

12. Import R

Import R Senior Member

I think he is running almost the same mod list as me, just with different brands of parts. Though I haven't seen any of his posts pointing out ignition.

13. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

haha i just wanna know his list...

14. CarAudiophile

Ractive CAI
    DC Header
    NGK Cooler Plugs
    Centerforce Clutch
    OEM Honda Wires
    2.5 Custom Catback (With Test Pipe)
    DSM Fuel Pump