1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my b16 swap

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by kjeldor, Jul 12, 2004.

1. kjeldor

kjeldor Junior Member

hey guys, i was just wondering if you guys could answer me a couple of questions about my swap.
    by the way, am doing this to a 95 cx.
    1st i already dropped in the b16 and connected all lines cept for one because i cant seem to find the place where it goes. my uncle told me that it is a vacuum line and that i should just cap it off and it will be ok, is this true?
    2nd i have to add the vtec wires since i have the cx, i already did the vtec solenoid, but the evap purge solenoid is a red wire that goes in pin A20, but my wiring harness already has a red wire that runs to pin A20, does this mean i have evap purge solenoid connected already, and also that i dont have to connect the evap purge power?
    and last, can u guys tell me what wire color is
    the 12V dash light
    12V ingnition switch (+)
    and can u tell me where the coil or electronic ignition on my car is? am trying to install a autometer tach
    thanx

2. PHOBIA

PHOBIA Senior Member

the tach signal wire is the blue wire coming off of your coil box.look for the cap rotor and its right there,follow it back and splice into it.

3. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

4. kjeldor

kjeldor Junior Member

so i still have to add the wire for the evap purge power?
    and about the tach, i can add both 12v wires that need to be connected to the same wire and it should work fine?

5. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Reading owns j00. Your evap is already wired to A20, so no, you don't have to. I would pick two different ones, but you maybe alright using the same one for two things.

6. kjeldor

kjeldor Junior Member

:p, am such a noob and lazy, thanx a lot for ur help man, i really appriciate it

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted