My B16a Build Project !no 56k!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

D See 2

thought i'd share a few pics of my b16a build project along the way, i'll update everytime i get something new accomplished...

here are some pics i took earlier today when working on the build...

questions, comments or queries are welcome.

was a stock b16a with i/e... you can still see the cross hatch from the factory i believe.

new setup consists of:

-Comp Cams Stage 2 Cams (Higher lift than skunk2 stage 2's)
-Comp Cams Titanium Retainers
-Comp Cams Dual Chrome/Silicon Valve Springs
-STR Big Bore Fuel Rail
-B&M Fuel Pressure Regulator
-B&M Fuel Pressure Guage
-Custom PR3 Chip: VTEC @ 5650; Fuel Cut @ 9600
-SPW Industries 6-Bolt Adjustable Cam Gears
-DC Sports Replica 4-1 Header
-Clutchmasters Stage 2 6-Puck Clutch
-ACT Prolite 8.8 Chromoly Flywheel
-HCP Engineering Motor Mounts
-2 Layer Head Gasket
-ITR Intake Manifold
-STR Cam Seal
-Custom Catback 2 1/4" Exhaust

~~Machine Work~~
-Head Shaved
-Mild Port -n- Polish
-Valve Job
-Springs and Ti Retainers Installed

.jpg

.jpg

.jpg

.jpg

.jpg

.jpg

.jpg

.jpg

.jpg

.jpg

hell yea!! i bet you can't wait to get it in the car!! it'll be a quick mofo!!

get those pistons cleaned up!! :)

Should be fun... I woulda gone with an V-AFC instead of a 'custom chip' though because tuning is always better than some shop's guesswork.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Apr 26 2003, 05:37 AM
purdy! :worthy: BTW, i have 56k and the pics opened up pretty fast, like within 30 sec.s

yea, i am doing a home medical site for my GF's mom and its a fucking quick ass unix server.

(yesterday) in the back of the hatch, the head went off to the machine shop... hope to have it back by next weekend.
flywheel and clutch are going on tomorrow (will have pics).
today i cleaned off the top of the pistons and put the new throwout bearing onto the input shaft of the tranny.

.jpg

.jpg

BTW, what is the purpose of the lost motion assembly? i'm guessing it slows the vtec rocker when the motor disengages from vtec?

put the clutchmasters 6 puck clutch and act prolite flywheel on today as well as cleaned up the pistons :)thumbsup: pills), cleaned up the whole block and tranny, and put the tranny back onto the motor. and yes those are my nasty feet!!!

.jpg

.jpg

.jpg

got the head back from the machine shop... got her all ready to go... more pics tomorrow.

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

you are correct about the lost motion assembly's.

and yes your motor looks clean, i'd like to see the numbers you put down...

also...something to consider...the program you are running is designed for a 1.8 liter motor. that means the timing will be for a 1.54 rod/stroke ratio, not 1.74. this will cause you to not make as much power...

i'd stay with stock pr3 and adjust the air/fuel accordingly....plus its insane to rev past 8500 in my opinion...just wears the motor out faster.

Hey I was just wondering why is the inside of the stock head gold?? my friend just got his 95 b18c1 in the mail and i was changing out the valvesprings and retainers and noticed that the damn thing is gold, thats not factory. I have a jdm b18c and its not, and my brother has a 94 b18c1 and its not either.

:D

Back