my b16a jdm enigne or b18 block with b16 vtec head aka ls/vtec build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rkwoos12

hey guys i have a quick question i been doing a lot of research, i got this 90 ls b18 block laying around and since the enigne that is currently in my 00 civic si isnt all the greatest shape its a b16a jdm enigne with 100k miles and the car has 78k miles on it some one decided it would be a great idea and cheapest ways to get the car to run was to throw a obd1 b16a engine in it, i was thinking of building me a ls/vtec engine but would it be worth puting all the money in to building the ls vtec and swaping it in to my 00 civic si would i gain any more hp out of doing this? im not looking for a lot more hp from doing this swap probably around 200hp or lil more but i would like a freshly rebuild engine in the car and ready for boost later on down the road. let me know what you guys think i should do just stick with my b16 block or go with the b18 ls block and get it rebuild and do the b16 vtec head on it for later on turbo.

Back