My B16a Swap Won't Rev More Then 3.5

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bossman032

my car won't rev more then 3.5RPM.

no engine check lights car runs fine idle no problems.

only thing is I cant rev more then 3.5.

my car is a STD Civic with A OBD1 motor. I tried to reset the ECU by taking out the fuse and unplug the ecu that didn't work...

what can be causing the problem the speedometer works fine. but I cant rev past 3.5 it bogs.
Edit: car does not BOG its just cant rev more then 3.5 it does not want to go more!!!

please let me know what I can try..

link to pictures of my swap.

you're in limp mode.. did you do the swap yourself??

sounds like your CEL may not be functioning.. because you should def. be throwing a code.

pills_PMD,

Yes me and couple of friends.

First problem was the car didn't start because the dizzy was wrong. After I got the TD44-U dizzy the car started up fine idle fine after my friend checked the firing order. my car runs but it cant rev past 3.5. I tried to see if the ecu was defective but its not because my friends car is a 92-95 DX and plugged it in and it revved all the way.. So ecu is working.

no engine check lights. car runs fine but cant rev more then 3.5.
Thanks pills_PMD for reply.

What else can be wrong.

Knock sensor hooked up?Don't know why you cel wouldn't be working.Have you tried to pull codes anyway?

maybe its your fuel pressure regulator....too much pressure makes your motor bog down....check all your grounds too

I had the same prob. Try changing out your distributor. My b16 did the same thing but my computer threw a crank angle sensor code or something of that nature.

Originally posted by b16ahatch@Apr 27 2003, 10:03 PM
check your distributor. i had the same problem with by b16

my distributor is brand spanking new..

car starts and everything runs kool..

hmm what can be wrong firing order with the dizzy..?

everything thing is hooked up right. NO CEL.

my friend had the same problem with his b16a he drove the car for like 50-200 miles then one day it went more then 3.5k.

also one of my friend said it can be the TPS sencor its not throwing the Code 7...

try another ECU that you know to be good...

do you have a p28 lying around??

what year is the car? what kind of car?

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Apr 27 2003, 10:18 PM
try another ECU that you know to be good...

do you have a p28 lying around??

what year is the car? what kind of car?

my CURRENT ECU IS GOOD PR3 OBD1.

I tested it on a 95 DX it worked redline at 8 or something.. So the ECU Is working.

I am thinking its the dizzy its not on right or something..

Did you swap all the original sensors in with the engine, the ones off the new engine could be different/broken

Back