My B18 swap in a 90 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least you're getting a break from the electrical! Looks like fun, man. What part of FL are you in?

Jacksonville

Here are some more pics of the block being taken apart. It looks like the guy that had this before me used a whole tube of that liquid gasket to put this thing together.

DSC00237.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

DSC00233.jpg

DSC00232.jpg

DSC00231.jpg

DSC00230.jpg

DSC00229.jpg

I'm down in Martin County, way south of you.
Rofl, I'm also guilty of overusing gasket maker on some cheaper quick fixes =P. Not on my honda, though.

:lol:

That's what my Prelude looked like when I took it apart.. silicone all over the place. The person that owned it before me had a gas station put a new head on it :ph34r:

As before your Wiring looks awesome, Now Ripping apart the Engine and cleaning it all up is even more awesome. This will be a sweet car when your done.

Like the Valve Cover paint job.

I'm digging the valve cover, the black makes it look somewhat stock, but the gloss finish and the blue emblems give it that little hint of custom. Nice work!

Props on wiring up the harness too! I'd be lost on something like that! :D

I agree with Brutal on the valve cover, very nice.

The more I look at the connectors, the more I envy your hobby of choice. My bro is a marine electronics tech and anytime I hit a severe prb, I'm always calling him up =P. I'm sure you get the same thing from your friends lol.

Thanks all. I ordered a complete set of gaskets so I have them when I start rebuilding. I'm waiting until I get my income tax to order some of the more expensive parts. Hurray for $5000 return! Not to mention Xmas money.

damn that is sick ass wiring job..i just dont have the patience for that lol...ad what are your plans for the motor?!i have a b18a1 sitting in my shed..i dont know wether i should sell it or build it:confused:

I'm going to get new pistons, rings, rods, bearings and studs/bolts for now. I'm probably going to have it preped for a turbo setup but I'm thinking of going all motor. I haven't really decided yet. I had to hold off on the wiring because I ran out. I got some today so I'm probably going to be finishing the wiring this weekend and get it into the car.

well...figure out what your doing before you go and buy parts...remember low compression for turbo..high compression for n/a...but imo..you should turbo.,itd be a fun little car

Yea I have been leaning more towards a turbo setup. I have been thinking of doing that and an LS/VTEC, but I'm wondering if it's worth it.

Love the wiring, did you tag them though? I know you don't need to but god forbid something goes faulty it makes identifying a little simpler.

I have drawings of the connectors and pins to make it easier later on if I need to change something or to troubleshoot.

I like the wiring job as well. If I were you I would go ls-vtec all motor. unless you plan on making it an all out race car, then I would not go vtec and justbuild what you have.

It's going to be a street car. I like the idea of having it boosted. I'm just not sure if I want it VTEC for the wider powerband or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back