My B18 swap in a 90 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful work man! That's awesome! Looks professional!

Wow that is really coming along great.. I wasn't aware you were basically making an entire body harness before. That is a seriously big job to take on and it looks awesome.

I was slowly working on the rear harness this weekend. I found that there were some wires back there that were melted together also. That kinda concerned me a little. I need some input from you guys. I was thinking since I'm using a custom engine harness and it's going to get a wire tuck, should I cover up the holes in the engine bay with like sheet metal then bondo over them and paint them? Or is there something else that would look better or work better?

Bondo and welds is the best solution, and there really isn't anything that will come close in terms of finish quality.

Here is an update. I've been working kinda slow on this lately. Today I started putting the wiring in the car.

DSC00369.jpg

DSC00370.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

DSC00372.jpg

DSC00373.jpg

DSC00374.jpg

DSC00375.jpg

DSC00376.jpg

DSC00377.jpg

DSC00378.jpg

DSC00379.jpg

DSC00380.jpg

DSC00381.jpg

DSC00382.jpg

DSC00387.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

DSC00389.jpg

As you can see I put in the rear harness the dome light and did the wire tuck for the front harness.

A little update. I had to stop because some of the plugs on the main harness were too short so I had to lengthen the wires. That's done but it has been raining here so I haven't had a chance to go out and work on the car. Today is looking promising though.

I decided to do some work on the trans. It's a transmission in a box!

DSC00417.jpg

So I thought I'd give an update since I haven't really worked too much on the car what with getting ready for the baby and all. I did however, order new 11:1 Pistons, new Rings, new bearings, a used 14b turbo off of a DSM, I got an Intercooler from the scrap yard and some 390cc injectors from the scrap yards. Hopefully they work. I still have a few other things to get but it's slowly comming along.

loving the VC paint job looks fresh man I also like the fact you do your own work..nice bullet connectors as well....

So I got my parts in today and started cleaning the block. I had the machine shop at my work do the block work.

Here the block sits in a tub of pure simple green to get all the grease and dirt off of it. After the block is done soaking in goes the head and finally the tranny case. I was wondering if I should paint them and if so what color.
DSC00514.jpg

New pistons 11.1:1 compression
DSC00515.jpg

New piston rings.
DSC00516.jpg

New rod bearings.
DSC00517.jpg

New crank bearings and thrust washers.
DSC00518.jpg

The turbo I need to clean up. I'll probably end up taking it apart and bringing it in to work to sandblast it and paint it.

Thought I would post an update. Since the baby got here I haven't had much time to work on the car. My being lazy doesn't help either. I started rebuilding the engine the other day and this is what has been done so far:
DSC00626.jpg

DSC00627.jpg

DSC00628.jpg

DSC00629.jpg

DSC00630.jpg

DSC00631.jpg

DSC00632.jpg

I thought I'd give an update. I got the engine and trans in the car yesterday and when I get home today or over the weekend I will put the head on and start finishing it up. I painted the IM black the inner side of the cam gears the dark blue like on the VC and the face black. I still have to paint the TB, its going to be black and the Throttle cable pulley will be dark blue. I will post picks later.

The car was $300 $200 in paint $3000 in parts machine work wire solder and misc nuts and bolts were free

Coming along nice. The IM holds a lot of heat as it is, don't you think painting it black would make it more of a heat soaker? Also, 11:1 with turbo? Get that thing tuned perfectly :thumbsup:

Coming along nice. The IM holds a lot of heat as it is, don't you think painting it black would make it more of a heat soaker? Also, 11:1 with turbo? Get that thing tuned perfectly :thumbsup:

What you are thinking about is color soaking heat from the sunlight. The IM being out of sunlight won't be affected by the color. The turbo isn't going on yet and when/if it does it's going to be low PSI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back