My B18B1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EGxZEX

Hey everyone I need help answering some questions. It might get complicated. So i uploaded some pictures to help things out. First pic is JDM dist. Second is USDM. Third pic is replacement engine. Fourth pic is what I have in my car now. Hence the question about the valve cover and so on.

-I have a 95 hatch BARD with 95 LS. (engine not good any more)

-So i bought a JDM B18B1 (I asked for a 95 but i think i got a 96 or newer-valve cover is different)

Do i need to switch over to OBD2?

Can i swap the valve covers?

How can i tell if the engine is 96 or newer?

I also noticed that the distributor wiring is different. Why is that?

Im going to use my original intake manifold because the JDM one doesn't have the AIT sensor.

-HELP I need it:mellow:

Attachments

• DSC01130.JPG
    DSC01130.JPG
    358.4 KB · Views: 842
  • DSC01131.JPG
    DSC01131.JPG
    317.3 KB · Views: 698
  • DSC01132.JPG
    DSC01132.JPG
    507.6 KB · Views: 423
  • DSC01133.JPG
    DSC01133.JPG
    496.7 KB · Views: 1,671
Last edited:
yep they gave you a 96 or newer

if you want to know specifically, you can look at the head for the year stamp

look on the exhaust side......it should be above the 2nd exhaust port of your head from left to right. The 1st circle should have the year.

Well i looked for the year my old engine has 98 and my new one has 99. So if thats the year i guess it doesn't matter. But still one thing can i swap the valve covers with no issue?

yeah you can swap the valve covers but notice the newer engine has a pcv valve so youre going to have to plug that somehow.

other than that they should swap right over.

yeah you can swap the valve covers but notice the newer engine has a pcv valve so youre going to have to plug that somehow.

other than that they should swap right over.

so does my old one but it comes from a black box underneath the intake manifold.:confused:

Do you no anything about a turbo b18 if you do I need some help. i have a 1994 honda delsol and im runing 10 psi and everytime I shift fast at 7000RPM IT FALLS ON ITS FACE why does it do that.

Ok transphere complete intake mani with injectors tb and all over to the JDM b18b1. Change the O2 sensor on the JDM motor from the old motor (needs to be OBD1) as well as any other sensors that are differnt plug wise to the JDM motor. And switch the dizzy from you b18a to the JDM b18b the pluga are different. You will have a few extra sensors on the JDM motor, that is ok. OBD1 doesnt use a sencond O2 or a crank sensor. This will make it a plug and play. You are basically switching out long blocks, you wont void your BARD and there is no need to tell them you put a JDM motor in your car. It will be running on all OBD1 USDM sensors and ECU so it will act just like a B18a only better.

Back