My b18c swap is finished...two questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

truoss

car = 94 civic hatch cx
swap = b18c

I added these wires: VTEC solenoid, VTEC pressure switch, and IAB solenoid
Check engine light came on when I first stared engine. Code was 41. So, I connected the o2 sensor wire and now the check engine light is off. Engine is running great as far as I can tell. First question, is this all the wiring I need, or did I forget something?

I test drove the car for the first time today. Everything was great, but I noticed some clicking noises when I reached a certain RPM (don't know exactly, don't have a tachometer). Is this VTEC kicking in, or what? Is it normal? How can I find out if VTEC is really working?

Thanks a lot,
Tristan

You should know when the VTEC kicks in, you will difinitely know...

As for your question on the wires, What ECU are you useing?

The clicking is probably what caused me to adjust my valves five times, and really pissed me. Finally when I was changing my oil one day, I felt my O2 sensor was loose and tightned it. After that the noise went away forever.

There is a slightly audible "click" when VTEC engages, but it should be only one click and only at 4400 RPM. If it is a constant ticking, you probably need to adjust your valves. My B18C ticks at idle, but not any higher, I should probably get off my dead fat ass and adjust them, but whatever.

Back