my b20 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jordo

hey, im buying a b20 towmorrow since my d16z6 blew up,
im gettin the motor and tranny, what all else am i going to need to complete the swap???
what will i have to relocate?
what will i have to buy?
will there be any wiring that needs to be done???

but should i even get the b20??
they have 106 hp, compared to my 125,
they have 111 torque compared to my 106
they are non vtec compared to my vtec

so the only upside to the swap is like 5 torque??
should i do the swap or not?

lol, DO NOT get the B20 from the old ass ludes, even if it's free because :

A.) B20A3/5 from a lude is a piece of shit?
B.) You would be going from OBD1-0, good luck with all of that
C.) That swap would be considered illegal in some states
D.) you would need a b series tranny, axles, correct shift linkage, wiring harness, etc.

If you need a cheap swap, put it an OBD1 B18B, it's like 2000 bucks online, or if you can find an integra at a junkyard, 1/2 that price.

switching from sohc vtec to dohc non vtec i dont think youll notice much differance, as long as you get a halfway decent motor, such as the ls motor.

its dohc vtec that you notice :worthy:

Originally posted by toyarmy@Jun 30 2003, 09:34 AM
switching from sohc vtec to dohc non vtec i dont think youll notice much differance, as long as you get a halfway decent motor, such as the ls motor.

its dohc vtec that you notice :worthy:

WTF are you talking about a B20 has more HP and Torque than a B16.

You can't use the CRV tranny, so don't get it. What B20 you getting? B20B or Z ?

It's just like any other B series swap, you need a OBD1 LS Distributor and Intake Manifold to make the B20 fit and wire up. Otherwise it's just like any other B series swap. You should get a ITR tranny, or a GSR tranny with ITR LSD for it though.

If you think it's only upside is a little torque look at this
dyno061703.jpg

Stock B20Z

just becauce it was made without vtec dosen't mean you can't put a si head or a type r head on it and f everone up

Originally posted by solblu@Jun 30 2003, 04:29 PM
If you think it's only upside is a little torque look at this
dyno061703.jpg

Stock B20Z

That doesn't look anything like a "stock B20Z" to me. The torque and power there are both above what the B20Z is rated at to the flywheel.

Back