My B20/VTEC Engine buildup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

strepto

Hi!

I have a B20B block from Sweeden heading my way soon. I already have an Integra Type R head I will use for the B20VTEC project, but with some other internals.

This is what I've got lined up for the block. Please keep in mind that this is a NA block.

ITR oilpump
ITR waterpump
ITR Timing Belt w. tensioner
GE Oilfeeder Sandwich
GE VTEC Oilfeeding LSV kit
GE VTEC Dowelpins

Rocket Motorsports DART 85mm sleeves
CP 12.4:1 Forged Pistons
Eagle Rods
SCAT crankshaft
ACL Bearing Kit

Rocket Motorsports M22 Camshafts
Rocket Motorsports Valvetrain
RC 440cc injectors
JDM P30 to go with S200D
PLX300 wbo

Already have the drivetrain parts, Quaife LSD, ATS 4.9fd, new bearings, syncros etc.

the golden eagle LS-VTEC already comes with sandwich adapter and dowel pins(pretty much has everything you need)

strpr_vtecfullkit.jpg

ITR crank instead of scat, oem cranks are strong. If you are spending all this money you may want to think about clearancing whatever crank you get and coughing up the extra bucks to get Honda bearings, but acl are usually pretty close. But that does sound like a pretty nice build. I think you can sleeve a b20 up to 87mm?

Originally posted by 97CTR@Aug 27 2004, 09:15 AM
I think you can sleeve a b20 up to 87mm?
[post=382605]Quoted post[/post]​

You can, but you'll have head gaskets that only last you a few hundred miles, and you'll have almost no cylinder wall between your pistons. 86mm is the highest I would go on a street build, and that's even pushing it.

Back