My Bagged Dime

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Pretty cool, I've been considering getting rid of my F-150 for a smaller pickup, like a ranger or s-10. How far did you go, blocks or bags? How much did it cost?

well, i'm a huge believer in the "its not what you can buy, its what you can build" but this was just too good to pass up...

my friend picked up his 98 about 2 months ago all stock...
he did the 4wd fender conversion, 4wd chrome bumper, 4wd corners, 18" rims with polished lip, RE7 AIM bags in the rear with custom 4 link, RE6 slam bags in the front, trimmed front fender wells, 6" notch, custom bridge, etc etc...
so after helping him build a bagged truck from scratch i decided i needed to have one too, but i need it ready by the 26-27th for the low rollers end of summer bash in NJ...

the s10 has front and rear slam bags, viair 450's, single 5 gallon tank, notched, 4 link, removed front inner fender wells, completely shaved rear, shaved door handles, caddy tail lights in the roll pan, hard tonneau cover, custom rear fender wells, drop spindles, sparco race seats, sonoma front end conversion, step side bed, 20" chrome wheels...
the rear lays out to the frame but the wheels hit the firewall so it'll need to be tubbed in the future...
the kid that had it before me spent a ridiculous amount of money on the truck, so much stuff i never would have done if i built it from scratch...
the story goes that it's a 97 with 88K original miles, he was building it and decided to have his friend put a sunroof in...
well the friend cut the hole 2" too big, so they decided to change to a 94 cab...
somehow they seriously fucked the wiring all to hell, like starter 12v signal running to a ground on the intake... and then trying to feed the starter with a switched 12v feed, hacked harness, hacked dash harness etc...
so yesterday we went and found a 95, got a great deal from a cool junk yard owner, stripped the entire wire harness from headlights to tail lights and everything in between including motor and tranny
11:30 lastnight it finally ran, motor sounds awesome...
so now i have 2 weeks to have it all road worthy for the 4 hour trip

the first thing i want to do is try and run the a/c compressor as an air pump, high side pushes about 190-215 psi at 1200 rpm's, and i saw some dude in PA running an AC for his mazda B series airbags...
i can't wait to start flicking switches...

trucks too low for a big fat hoe...

Pretty cool, I've been considering getting rid of my F-150 for a smaller pickup, like a ranger or s-10. How far did you go, blocks or bags? How much did it cost?
bag the F150, lol
i was really hoping to find a cheap dually but no such luck...
i really like seeing full sized trucks layed out...

rangers have those shitty I beams in the front, if you're worried about cost you might wanna stick with the s-10 game... tacomas are another good choice but they're so hard to find 2wd for a reasonable price...B2000 series mazdas are another good choice for mini trucking, just watch the frames... changed a frame in my friends B2200 last year in one really long weekend

Last edited:
hell yeah brother!! glad you got your mini! it looks pretty dope bro. is it just a flareside or is it an Xtreme? either way im digging it. that rear end tho kinda looks rough. i dont see a bridge there at all..ahh never mind...its small as hell and i didnt notice it at first. LOL!! i like the rear fenders....looks like boat trailer fenders which is what alot of people are doing (im thinking about it too). also is it body dropped?? cause it kinda looks it with the way it sits.

as far as using the a/c compressor to run air ride, i HEAR you have to change stuff around to get it to work but im not 100% sure what you have to do to get it to work.

and i can tell you ALL about bagging a Ranger and those damn i-beams!! they are a BITCH!! worst trucks ever to do but they are alot rarer to see done up. you could always get a Toyota or Mustang II front section and put it on a Ranger. in all honestly i would do an import truck. easy as hell and cheap on the wallet to do.

congrats once again on getting a yourself a minitruck, recked. any questions are whatever just feel free to message me. im always on but im ghosting on AIM (BodyDroppedNikes is my AIM name).

man you make me want a s-10 really bad
hhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm

I thought about dropping the F150, but its a rust bucket underneath and needs a LOT of general maintenence parts. Like the motor mounts, trans mounts, all of the exhaust mounts, front end is looses as hell. Right now it does its job, get my racing karts to the track. BUT, its kinda high up, a smaller pickup slammed would actually suit my needs better :)

Like the motor mounts, trans mounts, all of the exhaust mounts, front end is looses as hell.
302 swap FTW y0
lol
i know all about the fords and their lose front ends... they get scary sometimes

so did some more work on it
the dash is all back in, door panels all back on, starts and runs like a dream
88K original miles
got an oiler and seperator, need some 3/8 pipe thread taps to start on the a/c compressor/pump
moved the shims around on the upper control arm so now the wheel can go all the way up and still clear the firewall, no tubbing firewall = fucking awesome
the front still won't lay out, might be the 20's, might be the bag cups, doesn't seem to be hitting anything, jack it all the way till the bag/cup doesn't have any more to give...
more pics soon

hey recked....is the inner metal fenders cut out on yours? if not, cut em out. that will give ya more clearance. alos, you can just go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get fittings over in the plumbing section for your compressor if you are in a jam and need stuff. get compression fitting and not PTC (push to connects) just to be on the safe side.

:werd:

push locks suck my balls
the all metal are a little better than the plastic POS's but compression FTW y0

so i made it to NJ on friday night
and made it back onto the NY thruway sunday evening before i blew a front bag
tow bill from hell but i got back safely

seized the a/c compressor/pump a couple times, lost the upper door pin on the NJ turnpike, rocked the bottom of the oil seperator drain right off, door poppers blew a fuse at the show with the windows up and no exterior handles
got a lot of use out of the tool box, but forgot stupid shit like a spare bag, pliers, and a fucking jack

and NJ doesn't sell beer at gas stations like PA
and NJ smells like garbage, i hate that state

uhm...
i don't want to knock it too bad but it was sort of lame...
remember this is just after going to carlisle for the all trucks nationals
there were about 600 trucks, lots of really nice trucks, but there were prob 5 vendors total.... 3 selling food, one air parts dealer and drop em wear, and i think that was it...
they had a high/low contest
i think that was about the only event

prob would have been cooler if we were more involved with the night scenes
i guess they had drag sessions and shit and a meet at hooters...
my old lady wasn't cool with the hooters thing and i guess the cops were all over the people that were there

not exactly what i expected from hearing people say it was the "best show on the east coast" but it was very well run and put together
low rollers definately busted thier ass to make it a good show

the accord with the bags and skulls was there
along with the ranger grilll etc etc etc

yeah i heard some shit happened at the Hooters there over on dropndrag.com. Import and Truck Bash didnthave many vendors there either. i was kinda dissapointed. the ones that were there sold alot of ricer shit and the only truck one was SuicideDoors and they really didnt have much of a selection. i did get the Low Life video called Barrachos, a 2 year subscription to MiniTruckin Magazine ($25 for a 2 year deal...WOOT!) along with a free t-shirt from them as well and i bought a Truck Bash hat. i had fun even thos i ended up bending the crap outta my radius arm x-member under my truck. ahh well. ya lay, ya pay...LOL. you didnt hit up any of the drag sessions? usually some video magazines (like Low Life video, Domination The Video and Northwest Rides) fill drag sessions and put em on their next up-coming video. ahh well. any more shows this year for ya? im heading to Slamology in Indy this weekend OR i may go to the Relaxed Atmosphere All-Star Event. i aint made up my mind yet.

yea, i think there were 2 video/media companies covering the drag sessions but i guess they got shut down by the cops...

so you bent your radius arm dragging? or...?

Back