My bike history

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

oh, and my history:

1st:
krsit120012bk.jpg

2nd:
929new001.jpg

3rd:
r1028.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

4th:
5.jpg

PC060450.jpg

and then it got painted...
7-2.jpg

TRK_8280.jpg

and then it got wrecked and got new bodywork and repainted...
l_eee1bc8c4dbae1011fa0fa641b8e838f.jpg

l_a4f00d6310cacac5032db54127f10324.jpg

...and then it got wrecked again and repainted
P6090785.jpg

P6090786.jpg

...and then it got wrecked again and repainted the same color...

P4051844.jpg

P4051867.jpg

IMG_6316.jpg

and now:
2wnd94x.jpg

ax04nk.jpg

and sometime between wrecking the Kawi over and over, I bought this hunk of shit:

P8250980.jpg

P8250984.jpg

P8250985.jpg

Dude, don't buy an old-ass F3....

I will never understand why people want old bikes because they're 'cheaper'...in the long run they almost never end up that way.
so what would you recommend if i only have $2k to spend?

For a little more than 2k, you can probably find a really clean Katana 750. I have ridden a couple, and quite frankly, I think it is one of the best mixes between sport and touring for a really reasonable price. Try them out. Usually, you can find a bunch of them at some bike shops because most people are looking for either a 600 or a 1000 and don't really look in between.

katana's are the red headed step child
:puke:

cel is supposed to let me know about a cbr
:ph34r:

Last edited:
For a little more than 2k, you can probably find a really clean Katana 750. I have ridden a couple, and quite frankly, I think it is one of the best mixes between sport and touring for a really reasonable price. Try them out. Usually, you can find a bunch of them at some bike shops because most people are looking for either a 600 or a 1000 and don't really look in between.

:no:

Katanas are overweight, top heavy, and underpowered...and they handle like complete asshole.

You should be able to find a 98-up R6 or an F4 for around 2k

shit, i wish
everything around here is like 1.5xKBB
and thats for the wrecked bikes

its ridiculous
if i could find one of them newer bikes that cheap i'd be all over it

E's was showing me some of the supermoto's
they look like pretty cool bikes if you ride in a group
saving that as an option also

Guess it depends on what you are going to do with the bike. When I rode them, it was mostly flat, straight roads in the desert of Nevada. Felt comfortable and handled well for the style of riding I was doing...

To each their own.

I sold a nice cbr600rr right out from under recked for 50 bucks profit. it was great.... I had cheeezebugaz! :D lmao

who rides flat straight roads?
lol, sounds boring

Where I was at, it was all that was around unless you took an hour trip to the mountains in Cali or down to Lake Tahoe. But around the Reno area, you were lucky to find much other than horse ranches and open desert.

This was the first bike I ever rode. 2007 GSX-R600. I bought it brand new (1 mile from testing) in spring of 2008. They knocked 1500 off the tag and as much as I wanted an all black 08' I bit. My only previous riding experience was on a 1981 Honda 70cc clutchless 3 wheeler as a kid and i was able to self teach myself to ride. All Ive done so far is change the front fairings to 750s and add an M4 GP slip on. The rear is going to be black as soon as I get off my ass. Which is gonna be pretty hard now that the weathers finally breaking.

A sub-section little rant. Im really getting tired of people labeling these as just starter bikes. Especially since it most of the time comes from non-riding ignorant Fvcks. Most bikes on the street these days are 600s and for good reason. I have never been unsatisfied with the truly rediculous acceleration and speeds it is capable of in the 4k miles ive ridden it. I love how easily I can throw it around in the corners, and though a 750 wouldnt be bad its not really necessary. I especially love how I can walk 750s and 1000s from the early 2000s. And since half of them arent wearing helmets I can see the look of surprise on their face that what is "just a starter bike" made them look like a fool.

Last edited:
Back