my BOV blows

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stefanh

I have a 98 civic EX D16Y8 turbo intercooled, nos, turbo cam, complete msd igintion, and exhaust.
I dont know what is going on but at 3/4 to 1/2 throttle my BOV is dumping full trottle is ok. I have a cheapo bosche audi bov on there now and i also tried a supra bov both did the same thing, so i think its somthing with my Fuel Pressure regulator cuz that is the vacume line its hooked up to and somtimes after it releases i smell gas. I just got my car back from the shop but i dont think what i did to it would have caused this to happen (MSD controller, coil, cap, COMP turbo cam) Is this possibly just cuz its cold (im in Mass -10 out) It happens alot when my car has only run for like 30 min then it gets a little better. When i first start driving it it bucks back and forth and the boost gauge goes crazy at any throttle possion, after like a hour of driving it will only do it less then 3500 rpm's. Im stumped any one else ever have this problem :blink:

if its getting bad vacuum source, of course its not going to work right.

move the vacuum source to something other than the FPR. you have 234 more options for sources. you should never smell fuel. something is wrong.

Back