my boy asked me about this and i have no clue!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have never heard of that system. If I had cash to drop on a completely brand new EMS, I'd either go with MoTec, or Electromotive, or Haltech. Crome is nothing more than Editing and Datalogging software that is designed to use the stock ecu, albeit slightly modified. For all intensive purposes, Hondata is a prepackaged, slightly cleaner, more streamlined version of a crome pro/socketed p28 w/datalogging setup. They are not true standalone systems, like the Haltech,EM, MoTec, or the one you linked, in that they utilize a stock ecu while these others do not.

Unless you are a SERIOUS racer....well, even if you are a serious racer, and I don't mean street racer, you probably don't need anything that major. Stick with crome or hondata, they'll satisfy 100% of 99% of people who need tuning on their cars.

Quite a few people swear by SDSEFI. I've been watching it for a few years myself. It's NOT easy to play with, and something like Crome, Uberdata or Hondata will usually be better for a Honda guy.

:werd:
its great for what it is... but for a honda, there's much better options (for a LOT less money too)

Back