My brothers Twin Turbo Corvette

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

@ corvetteguy78...Tell me about it, we're so close but yet so far when it comes to our cars, well at least he'll let me drive it.

@ B16 Yeah it is a nice car but i think they got over him on the price, can you believe that they charged him an extra 22k for the upgraded supercharged K20, carbon fiber front splitter and rear wing

@ B16 not yet, well i did drive it down from the trailer and into the garage but that's it, i told him that didn't count. Maybe this weekend.

@ doubleOSi... Yeah that's the one he wanted but Ariel is only making like 25 of those from what the salesman told my brother and their gonna have a price tag of 185k to 200k, shoot the one he got was 86k. That's a lot of money for a big ass street legal go kart in my opinion.

With a $91K price tag, it's FAR from supercar or exotic. Just because it can do what those cars do for a MUCH cheaper price tag, doesn't make it jump straight to those categories lol. Of course, that may just be my opinion but i'm sure a few others can agree...

It's compared to the ZR1 based on performance only. And we weren't talking about the ZR1 either. We were talking about Z06's... But speaking of the ZR1,

You should really take some time and dissect your statement.

Let's start with A). The GTR IS considered supercar. Taken from Nissan it's self,
The 2012 Nissan GT-R Supercar, a car unlike any other
There isn't an argument there. It's considered a supercar no matter what the price.

B). Let's take this statement
I'd hope a vehicle that starts at $111K can outperform a vehicle that starts at $90K lol.

Well the ZR1 will beat almost any Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Porsche ect... out there and most of those cars Clear $200k...I'm fairly certain a 2012 Subi STI WRX can beat an 2012 Audi A6 and the STI is much cheaper

c). Let's again take this statement
I'd hope a vehicle that starts at $111K can outperform a vehicle that starts at $90K lol.

if the GTR is a $91k would hope it could beat a car that is 60k.\

Any questions?

Last edited:
Price tag isn't everything.

You roll up in a vette, and no one cares.

Roll up in a 911, meh, maybe a few glances.

Roll up in an Aston Martin.... Pure fucking class.

Maybe a Z06. The ZR1 turns some heads. Even Jeremy Clarkson liked it. And he loathes American cars. But he loved that Vette.

Last edited:
Sure, but it pulls into a parking lot, and no one really glances twice at it.

A ferarri rolls by.... or a lambo rolls by... or an aston rolls by..... a GTR rolls in... everyone turns around.

It is a fast car, but it just doesn't have that pedigree.... because there's 234322344234 in town.

Here there are. A loud angry looking Corvette out there definetly gets attention. And the ZR1 looks a lot more menacing than the others. Bulging hood with big ass supercharged V8 showing through. Air splitters and such. I know I'm pretty biased but it surely has a presence.

Here there are. A loud angry looking Corvette out there definetly gets attention. And the ZR1 looks a lot more menacing than the others. Bulging hood with big ass supercharged V8 showing through. Air splitters and such. I know I'm pretty biased but it surely has a presence.

to people who know exactly what it is... sure
to people who are not into corvettes or cars in general its just another corvette

You should really take some time and dissect your statement.

Let's start with A). The GTR IS considered supercar. Taken from Nissan it's self, There isn't an argument there. It's considered a supercar no matter what the price.

B). Let's take this statement .

Well the ZR1 will beat almost any Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Porsche ect... out there and most of those cars Clear $200k...I'm fairly certain a 2012 Subi STI WRX can beat an 2012 Audi A6 and the STI is much cheaper

c). Let's again take this statement

if the GTR is a $91k would hope it could beat a car that is 60k.\

Any questions?
So because Nissan says "Super car" in the title, then it must be?! C'mon man, that's not really the logic you're trying to go with is it?

Once again, the discussion had NOTHING to do with the ZR1 in the first place. You brought that car up out of no where. You yourself started talking about the z06 because that's what the OP's brother has...

And as far as the $91K GTR beating your beloved $60k z06, don't worry, it does :p

And to top this whole thing off, I don't even like the GTR that much lol.

OP - Sorry for getting off topic in your thread. Please post some vids of you guys driving that beastly go kart... :D

Yeah that's true about vette's not getting a lot of attention and getting that second glance, just like my brothers vette if he didn't have those nice wheels and the deep sound it would look like any other vette but let it be a black lambo with no upgrades it will get more looks for sure. No one would care that my bro's car would stomp the hell out of that lambo, which is why my bro said he should've bought a lambo instead of the vette and done the work on it instead. Hell the Ariel Atom will probably turn more heads than the vette, but definitely not classy just different.

@ B16RacerN2NR yeah we should be going for a ride this weekend maybe even do a little drag racing against the vette.

Hey Calesta my bro lives in Coppell , the shop that does all his work is on the edge of Dallas and Garland, 9858 Chartwell Drive 75243. My bro still takes the car up there but lately he has not been happy with them, he is actually looking for a good shop to tune his vette, know of any around our area.

Sweet. I'll have to PM you and figure something out in my infinite spare time. :( :rimshot:

Oh, got dyno access- but don't know Corvette tuning specifics. I know good tuners that are experienced on big turbo cars though- the concepts are the same.

So because Nissan says "Super car" in the title, then it must be?! C'mon man, that's not really the logic you're trying to go with is it?

Once again, the discussion had NOTHING to do with the ZR1 in the first place. You brought that car up out of no where. You yourself started talking about the z06 because that's what the OP's brother has...

And as far as the $91K GTR beating your beloved $60k z06, don't worry, it does :p

And to top this whole thing off, I don't even like the GTR that much lol.

OP - Sorry for getting off topic in your thread. Please post some vids of you guys driving that beastly go kart... :D

Man sorry to say this and not trying to be mean but you are dense, there isn't an argument of whether or not the GTR is a super car, it is lol. It's in the super car class. google it lol

it's like trying to show you a white crayon and you say "just because Crayola says it's white doesn't mean it is".

I brought up the ZR1 because you say a 112k car should be a 91k car. Well the ZR1 is like 100k less then a Ferrari and it will beat it, that was my point.

yes yes we all know the corvette is man's highest achievement of automotive greatness in the history of EVER
:rolleyes:
we should all bow down to the glory of its awesomeness
:worthy:
kneel before it and stare in amazement as it bestows the bounty of its gloriousness upon our face
attachment.php

14733d1296065430-jerkit.gif

Man sorry to say this and not trying to be mean but you are dense, there isn't an argument of whether or not the GTR is a super car, it is lol. It's in the super car class. google it lol

it's like trying to show you a white crayon and you say "just because Crayola says it's white doesn't mean it is".

I brought up the ZR1 because you say a 112k car should be a 91k car. Well the ZR1 is like 100k less then a Ferrari and it will beat it, that was my point.
Lol you say i'm dense and then you go and say you brought up the ZR1 because of something I said? Go look at the other post lol. I was just simply replying to your "no car, stock for stock, blah blah blah can beat a zo6" I posted a video that had the car I started talking about and the car you were initially talking about... Then "ZR1" pops out of fucking no where lol.

It's ok though, I can see even the Corvette Fanboi's are just as bad as the Honda Fanoi's when it comes to the need of defending your taste...

No harm, no foul :thumbsup:

yes yes we all know the corvette is man's highest achievement of automotive greatness in the history of EVER
:rolleyes:
we should all bow down to the glory of its awesomeness
:worthy:
kneel before it and stare in amazement as it bestows the bounty of its gloriousness upon our face
attachment.php
:withstupid:

:p

Lol you say i'm dense and then you go and say you brought up the ZR1 because of something I said? Go look at the other post lol. I was just simply replying to your "no car, stock for stock, blah blah blah can beat a zo6" I posted a video that had the car I started talking about and the car you were initially talking about... Then "ZR1" pops out of fucking no where lol.

:confused: He was doing the same thing you did though really. Z06 was being talked of, you brought a new car in to compare, so he pointed out a car in the same model family as the OP's that is actually a better comparison to the one you brought up... See;
i'm pretty sure the GTR is considered a supercar or exotic and thats why its compared to ZR1 and its also slower then the ZR1

So its only ok to bring up unrelated cars with an accompanying video? Ok, here you go. :p
ZR1 Smokes GT-R: Chevy Corvette ZR1 vs. Nissan GT-R - YouTube

It's ok though, I can see even the Corvette Fanboi's are just as bad as the Honda Fanoi's when it comes to the need of defending your taste...
At least they can back up their rediculous claims (most of the time :D.)

No harm, no foul :thumbsup:
:werd: Proceed...

Last edited:
Back