My buddy bought a new evo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jdubspeeds

I Just dont like the way they look.... Basically I had a wrx then this other guy at work bought one, then this other guy was gonna buy one but decided to get the EVO. I know its fast and all, but I just dont like the style.

I like them a lot. I like the STI too, but I hate the hood and spoiler. How much PSI do they run on stock anyway, I always wondered that.

Pros: 2.0L=280 horsepower, front-mount intercooler, awesome seats, shitty wing and taillights can be optioned off the car at the dealer.

Cons: Cheap interior, shitty wing and taillights.

I think the pros outweigh the cons. :)

STi> EVO

:shrug2: but they're both too heavy for me, i don't like huge cars like that.. but if i had a choice, i'd take a WRX

however i do like the seats and the wheels :ph34r: that the EVO comes with

*edit :)

Originally posted by complicity@May 12 2004, 12:39 PM
WRX > EVO

:shrug2: but they're both too heavy for me, i don't like huge cars like that.. but if i had a choice, i'd take a WRX

You probably want to amend the references of "WRX" to "STi". :)

Most definitely, EVO > WRX

But, IMHO, STi > EVO.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+May 12 2004, 02:41 PM-->
complicity
@May 12 2004, 12:39 PM
WRX > EVO

But, IMHO, STi > EVO.

You're right, and I'm glad you knew what I meant and still decided to be nit-picky. :p I'm joking. :)

But, IMHO, STi > EVO.
You're right, and I'm glad you knew what I meant and still decided to be nit-picky. :p I'm joking. :) [/quote]
I really was pointing it out for people who don't know. I've had several of my Honda buddies ask me the difference between the WRX and the STi.

"It's just a bigger engine, right?"

:)

I was watching something on tv the other day comparing the EVO and the STi. Rod Millen, who test drove both cars said the handeling in the EVO feels better than the STi and the EVO actually had a little faster time then the STi on the rally track. 0-60 though the STi > EVO. I'd still take the EVO.

i was watching this thing on tv were they had an STI vs an Evo comp. they had some 9 time rally tour champion compare them and ride them all day. even though the STI is faster going straight, the evo had better lap times every time.

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@May 12 2004, 12:58 PM
i was watching this thing on tv were they had an STI vs an Evo comp. they had some 9 time rally tour champion compare them and ride them all day. even though the STI is faster going straight, the evo had better lap times every time.

See post above yours. :lol:

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@May 12 2004, 11:41 AM
But, IMHO, STi > EVO.

my only issue with the sti is people are hitting a plateu of where they are making power on them, shit is starting to break where evo owners are getting gobs of power out of them. i'm considering buying one or the other next year when i'm out of school and until the figure out the bugs of the new sti motor, i'll stick with evo, weightless white, mmmmmmm :)

Originally posted by B16@May 12 2004, 01:11 PM
my only issue with the sti is people are hitting a plateu of where they are making power on them, shit is starting to break where evo owners are getting gobs of power out of them. i'm considering buying one or the other next year when i'm out of school and until the figure out the bugs of the new sti motor, i'll stick with evo, weightless white, mmmmmmm :)

What exactly is starting to break? Truthfully, I haven't spent much time in the STi-specific areas of my WRX forum. I know that the trannies on the WRX's are prone to failure (doh!), but the STi trannies are supposed to be bulletproof.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+May 12 2004, 12:25 PM-->
@May 12 2004, 01:11 PM

What exactly is starting to break? Truthfully, I haven't spent much time in the STi-specific areas of my WRX forum. I know that the trannies on the WRX's are prone to failure (doh!), but the STi trannies are supposed to be bulletproof.

trannies are good, its from the unknown engine management. the motor is too new and no one really knows all the ins and outs of it yet.

Gotcha. Haven't read too much about that yet. I know that Cobb and Vishnu are working on those issues as we speak. I know Vishnu has released their reflashed ECU, and Cobb has either already released their AccessPort, or is planning on it very soon.

nice, i figure it is only a matter of time before they have it all worked out. the evo motor has been around for years, this sti motor is a new beast.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@May 12 2004, 02:29 PM
Pros: 2.0L=280 horsepower, front-mount intercooler, awesome seats, shitty wing and taillights can be optioned off the car at the dealer.

Cons: Cheap interior, shitty wing and taillights.

I think the pros outweigh the cons. :)

the spoiler is CF y0!!!1!! the spoiler is alot nicer than the STi one. but the ghey-tezzas suck.

I like the huge spoiler on the Evo. :ph34r: It really balances out the huge nose that the Evo has. Personally, I'd take the Evo because i love the way it looks, plus better handling > 20 horsepower. But I'd definitely get a pair of JDm tail lights for it.

there both better then what i got so there both cool as fuck in my book!

Originally posted by complicity@May 12 2004, 02:39 PM
STi> EVO

*edit :)

Um...you do realize the WRX only weighs 200 lbs less than that of the EVO/STi.... right?

Edit: I'd take an EVO over the STi, mainly because I like the bugeye WRX over the new edge WRX/STi...and the EVO is something different for America anyway. I'm actually considering an EVO when I have 32k to throw around, only options are going to be fog lamps and front/rear upper strut braces.

Back