My buddy bought a new evo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

haha yeah yeah, they discontinued the bugeyes and I don't want another used car. So as long as the EVO is around I'll consider it.

Originally posted by revolution8k@May 12 2004, 03:47 PM
haha yeah yeah, they discontinued the bugeyes and I don't want another used car. So as long as the EVO is around I'll consider it.

I actually prefer the new headlights to the bugeyes, hence my desire to get some cool Morettes as a replacement.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+May 12 2004, 05:50 PM-->
revolution8k
@May 12 2004, 03:47 PM

I actually prefer the new headlights to the bugeyes, hence my desire to get some cool Morettes as a replacement.

pleh. So YOU'RE the traitor to what you already have. :p

I fell in love with the bug eyes and thats the only WRX i'll buy.

I think they are ugly... and over-priced. just a status symbol 90% fo the people who buy them dont buy them for their performance potential.

Originally posted by SpodaB1@May 12 2004, 04:17 PM
I think they are ugly... and over-priced. just a status symbol 90% fo the people who buy them dont buy them for their performance potential.

What the fuck? Are you serious? Anyone who owns one of those cars knows exactly what they have and why they bought one of them. That's one of the dumbest things I've heard in a long time. Anyone who's gonna spend 30-40k on a status symbol is gonna buy a Lexus or Bimmer. Not a Subaru or Mitsubishi lol

Originally posted by SpodaB1@May 12 2004, 06:17 PM

I think you may be thinking of Vettes...I don't see too many STi/EVO8s around here with people that look over 30 in them... <_< <_<

Asshat award of the day goes to......<insert name here>

Where did you get this 90% from? I didn't know there was some sort of study going on.

Status symbol?
Status symbol people get Mercedes/BMW/Infiniti or some suv.

it's hard for me to say...i don't really like the way either of them look...

however, i'm starting to come around to the looks of the sti. But then again the perfomance of of the evo are impressive. I'd have to drive them to make a choice...i'm all about perfomance..but if the car just looks dumb then i'm not likely to rock it.

There was no "study" I just simply dont like them... there's a kid that runs around KC with a NON-STI Auto WRX and brags about how is car is so much better than anyone else... that was my reasoning. Ive seeen just here in my little city of Blue Springs 10-15 old couples in STi's adn WRX's...

im a mitsubishi guy...

but ive driven a wrx (not an sti, yet) and an evo. personally, ill take the wrx.

why? the new evo is shit. mitsubishi lost it when they designed the 6g lancer. long live the evolution 3 gsr and the evolution 6 tme. both those cars weigh hundreds of pounds less, and are nearly as quick for thousands less. too bad they never sold them in the states. <_<

heres to all you turbo awd sedan lovers B) from left to right...

silver evo8, white evo3, blue impreza 2.5rs, silver sti.
you can see my mirage in front of the timing trailier just starting my run :)

ragestarted.JPG

Yeah, but you can't say you'd seriously take a base dub over an Evo. They just don't compare. Taking a WRX base model over an Evo is stupid, cost aside.

hmm, damp autocross. That looks fun. URRG I want to autocross again.

The new EVO RS is pretty bad ass. It's basicly like an ITR version of the orginal. No sound deading, no wing, no PS, no zenon head lights, No power windows, no sunroof, thinner glass, Front and rear limited slip (the normal has an Open diff on one of the ends. Cant remember if it was front or rear) weighs less, and even COST less. Very cool.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@May 12 2004, 10:30 PM
Yeah, but you can't say you'd seriously take a base dub over an Evo. They just don't compare. Taking a WRX base model over an Evo is stupid, cost aside.

id rather own a wrx. period. misubishi has officially stumbled with the 6g lancer. sorry. get a bit more up to date with the progress of the 4g63 motor and the different lancer chassis, and youll see what i mean. the evo is an eye opener, but only because its new HERE. its not so much "improved" over the older lancers, but more restyled.

Evo RS with the asphalt jungle package adds back the PS, PW, PDL, but leaves off the ghey wing and a few other stupid things.

That's what I want. ;)

Originally posted by TurboMirage+May 12 2004, 11:30 PM-->
dohch22a4
@May 12 2004, 10:30 PM

id rather own a wrx. period. misubishi has officially stumbled with the 6g lancer. sorry. get a bit more up to date with the progress of the 4g63 motor and the different lancer chassis, and youll see what i mean. the evo is an eye opener, but only because its new HERE. its not so much "improved" over the older lancers, but more restyled.

How'd they go wrong?

Originally posted by preluderjs+May 13 2004, 05:07 AM-->
Originally posted by TurboMirage@May 12 2004, 11:30 PM
dohch22a4

How'd they go wrong?

do your homework - or better yet...

join an evolution forum.

Originally posted by TurboMirage+May 13 2004, 08:51 AM-->
Originally posted by preluderjs@May 13 2004, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by TurboMirage@May 12 2004, 11:30 PM
dohch22a4

How'd they go wrong?

do your homework - or better yet...

join an evolution forum.

lol - How's that going to accomplish anything for him? If he's like me he's not up to par on EVO information before the 8 hit the states.

He wants to know why YOU think it went wrong, so him reading about the EVO (like myself) he's just going to read about it and I doubt we'd figure out why it's so off the rest of the Evolution series...seeing as how thats YOUR opinion and all.

:hmm:

Back