My buddy Princeton's Porsche 911 - magazine article

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

this is the second time its been in a magazine right?
i remember reading about this before.

Not sure- at least two times. He had this tagged on his Gchat window when I was yakking with him a few days ago, so I linked it.

I know they handle well. I am pretty sure its not a turbo, but that can be added later.

Back on topic: Cal how long has your friend been working on that car?

Stopped quite a few years ago- it hasn't changed since probably 2007? Maybe. Not sure.

Drive a 911 before you buy one. They aren't the blindingly quick cars you might imagine from the get-go. The Turbo is the only way to get the power, but the aircooled ones make turboing a bit tricky. Or at least, using the turbo.

The 911 is a hefty vehicle, and is one of those that you may call "Planted". You see, it DOES Turn, but it doesn't _like_ to. The acceleration is about the same as a Supra NA.

The 944 is a neat little ride, but the maintenance costs are actually pretty high. The "driveshaft" is also a bit of a head scratcher. It loses alot of it's power in that thing. The rear suspension is 4 link garbage too. I compared one (a turbo) to my NA Supra before I bought - And the Supra won on all points.

The 928 is a neat car though.

Drive a 911 before you buy one. They aren't the blindingly quick cars you might imagine from the get-go. The Turbo is the only way to get the power, but the aircooled ones make turboing a bit tricky. Or at least, using the turbo.

Tell that to a GT3 owner.

Big difference there.

Oh yeah, and 911s are some of the best built cars I have ever been in . the 911 is a dream car of mine, solely because I believe you actually get what you pay for in them. But air-cooled ones have MESSED UP temperature controls.

Having driven a few air cooled 911's (including a 993 Twin turbo) and a good deal of water-cooled 911's - there is something about the older air-cooled cars you don't get from the newer ones.

That being said, older 4-speed cars are pigs to drive, swap ends for no reason and hate to run. The later air cooled cars are a bit easier, but reliability is a problem as the split cases develop massive oil leaks from the case or the cylinder jugs. In most cases a complete engine rebuild is the only way to fix this.

Big difference there.

Oh yeah, and 911s are some of the best built cars I have ever been in . the 911 is a dream car of mine, solely because I believe you actually get what you pay for in them. But air-cooled ones have MESSED UP temperature controls.

How is it a big difference you said 911s without turbos were meh.

911 GT3 is a turn key car that can be bought at any dealership it is a full street legal non turbo 911.

and if you want a turbo, there's always the gt2 :)

and if you want a turbo, there's always the gt2 :)

Meh, the GT2 doesn't have the center lock lug VS the GT3

hof_img1.jpg

First production car to come stock with it.

Back